N-Dubz's Member Dappy Apologizes for Drug Scandal
N-Dubz star Dappy has apologized to fans after he was caught on camera taking controversial drug mephedrone. In CCTV footage obtained by editors of U.K. newspaper The Sun, the British hip-hop star is seen snorting the substance, often known as meow meow, after a gig in Essex, England last month.
Mephedrone, which has been linked to a series of deaths in Britain, has since been banned in the U.K. And Dappy - real name Dino Contostavlos - is urging his fans to stay away from the drug. He says, "I was taking meow meow. I was on a night out with mates and it got a bit rowdy. Meow meow was legal then and lots of my mates were taking it too. I know this drug has now been made illegal and I would not endorse any of our fans taking it."
"I said recently that I hadn't touched serious drugs for years and maybe that wasn't completely true. But I now want people to realize how dangerous mephedrone and similar drugs can be - it can ruin lives. I'd want any of our fans to stay well clear. I've learned my lesson and I hope others will too."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up