N-Dubz's Member Dappy Apologizes for Drug Scandal
N-Dubz star Dappy has apologized to fans after he was caught on camera taking controversial drug mephedrone. In CCTV footage obtained by editors of U.K. newspaper The Sun, the British hip-hop star is seen snorting the substance, often known as meow meow, after a gig in Essex, England last month.
Mephedrone, which has been linked to a series of deaths in Britain, has since been banned in the U.K. And Dappy - real name Dino Contostavlos - is urging his fans to stay away from the drug. He says, "I was taking meow meow. I was on a night out with mates and it got a bit rowdy. Meow meow was legal then and lots of my mates were taking it too. I know this drug has now been made illegal and I would not endorse any of our fans taking it."
"I said recently that I hadn't touched serious drugs for years and maybe that wasn't completely true. But I now want people to realize how dangerous mephedrone and similar drugs can be - it can ruin lives. I'd want any of our fans to stay well clear. I've learned my lesson and I hope others will too."
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory