N-Dubz's Member Dappy Apologizes for Drug Scandal
N-Dubz star Dappy has apologized to fans after he was caught on camera taking controversial drug mephedrone. In CCTV footage obtained by editors of U.K. newspaper The Sun, the British hip-hop star is seen snorting the substance, often known as meow meow, after a gig in Essex, England last month.
Mephedrone, which has been linked to a series of deaths in Britain, has since been banned in the U.K. And Dappy - real name Dino Contostavlos - is urging his fans to stay away from the drug. He says, "I was taking meow meow. I was on a night out with mates and it got a bit rowdy. Meow meow was legal then and lots of my mates were taking it too. I know this drug has now been made illegal and I would not endorse any of our fans taking it."
"I said recently that I hadn't touched serious drugs for years and maybe that wasn't completely true. But I now want people to realize how dangerous mephedrone and similar drugs can be - it can ruin lives. I'd want any of our fans to stay well clear. I've learned my lesson and I hope others will too."
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!