N-Dubz's Member Dappy Apologizes for Drug Scandal
N-Dubz star Dappy has apologized to fans after he was caught on camera taking controversial drug mephedrone. In CCTV footage obtained by editors of U.K. newspaper The Sun, the British hip-hop star is seen snorting the substance, often known as meow meow, after a gig in Essex, England last month.
Mephedrone, which has been linked to a series of deaths in Britain, has since been banned in the U.K. And Dappy - real name Dino Contostavlos - is urging his fans to stay away from the drug. He says, "I was taking meow meow. I was on a night out with mates and it got a bit rowdy. Meow meow was legal then and lots of my mates were taking it too. I know this drug has now been made illegal and I would not endorse any of our fans taking it."
"I said recently that I hadn't touched serious drugs for years and maybe that wasn't completely true. But I now want people to realize how dangerous mephedrone and similar drugs can be - it can ruin lives. I'd want any of our fans to stay well clear. I've learned my lesson and I hope others will too."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman