N-Dubz's Member Dappy Apologizes for Drug Scandal
N-Dubz star Dappy has apologized to fans after he was caught on camera taking controversial drug mephedrone. In CCTV footage obtained by editors of U.K. newspaper The Sun, the British hip-hop star is seen snorting the substance, often known as meow meow, after a gig in Essex, England last month.
Mephedrone, which has been linked to a series of deaths in Britain, has since been banned in the U.K. And Dappy - real name Dino Contostavlos - is urging his fans to stay away from the drug. He says, "I was taking meow meow. I was on a night out with mates and it got a bit rowdy. Meow meow was legal then and lots of my mates were taking it too. I know this drug has now been made illegal and I would not endorse any of our fans taking it."
"I said recently that I hadn't touched serious drugs for years and maybe that wasn't completely true. But I now want people to realize how dangerous mephedrone and similar drugs can be - it can ruin lives. I'd want any of our fans to stay well clear. I've learned my lesson and I hope others will too."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'