Mira Sorvino Got Herself Injured in Ballet Class
Actress Mira Sorvino is nursing a sprained foot after injuring herself during a ballet class. The "Mighty Aphrodite" star has had a lifelong love of dance but admits she's yet to master important techniques that could prevent injury.
And her right foot was left bruised and sprained after a recent class, when she leaped into the air and landed awkwardly. She says, "I spent my whole life taking ballet classes - for years and years - for some reason I'm still torturing myself to become a competent ballet dancer.
"He (the teacher) said, 'Now run across the floor and do something really impressive!' Everybody's doing flips and kicks and jumps. so I first do a cartwheel and then I go for a grand jete (leap). And then I come down and the foot turned over itself and it's completely black and blue. But it's just a sprain."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group