Mira Sorvino Got Herself Injured in Ballet Class
Actress Mira Sorvino is nursing a sprained foot after injuring herself during a ballet class. The "Mighty Aphrodite" star has had a lifelong love of dance but admits she's yet to master important techniques that could prevent injury.
And her right foot was left bruised and sprained after a recent class, when she leaped into the air and landed awkwardly. She says, "I spent my whole life taking ballet classes - for years and years - for some reason I'm still torturing myself to become a competent ballet dancer.
"He (the teacher) said, 'Now run across the floor and do something really impressive!' Everybody's doing flips and kicks and jumps. so I first do a cartwheel and then I go for a grand jete (leap). And then I come down and the foot turned over itself and it's completely black and blue. But it's just a sprain."
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why