Mira Sorvino Got Herself Injured in Ballet Class
Actress Mira Sorvino is nursing a sprained foot after injuring herself during a ballet class. The "Mighty Aphrodite" star has had a lifelong love of dance but admits she's yet to master important techniques that could prevent injury.
And her right foot was left bruised and sprained after a recent class, when she leaped into the air and landed awkwardly. She says, "I spent my whole life taking ballet classes - for years and years - for some reason I'm still torturing myself to become a competent ballet dancer.
"He (the teacher) said, 'Now run across the floor and do something really impressive!' Everybody's doing flips and kicks and jumps. so I first do a cartwheel and then I go for a grand jete (leap). And then I come down and the foot turned over itself and it's completely black and blue. But it's just a sprain."
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!