Scarlett Johansson Wants Black Widow Spin-Off
Scarlett Johansson is keeping her "fingers crossed" moviegoers like her role in "Iron Man 2" - because she is desperate to star in her own Black Widow spin-off. The blonde beauty takes on a villainous role in the upcoming superhero sequel opposite Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, playing Russian spy Natasha Romanoff - who doubles as the Black Widow.
And although movie bosses currently have no plans to expand her character with a follow-up, Johansson is hoping public demand will see her revive her role for a second time.
She tells Access Hollywood, "These movies are very fan driven so if the fans like my interpretation of the character, I would be happy to don the cat suit again and, you know, carry the torch. But there is no plan for anything like that. I know that Marvel is very behind this character so I'm keeping my fingers crossed."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences