Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten Win Breakthrough Award
Australian actors Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten are the toast of their native country - they will receive the top honors at an upcoming awards show to celebrate Aussie stars in Hollywood.
The Breakthrough Awards, organized by the Australians In Film association, is designed to recognized the achievements of stars from Down Under who are carving out careers in the American entertainment industry.
Hemsworth, who will appear in upcoming superhero blockbuster "Thor, and "True Blood" star Kwanten will follow in the footsteps of other actors including Sam Worthington, Mia Wasikowska, Isla Fisher and Abbie Cornish, who are all previous winners.
The event, which will take place in Los Angeles on May 13, will also see the announcement of the 2010 winner of the Heath Ledger Scholarship - a sum of $10,000 plus return airfare from Australia which will be awarded to one emerging Aussie to help pursue a career in the U.S.
More Chris Hemsworth News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie