Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten Win Breakthrough Award
Australian actors Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten are the toast of their native country - they will receive the top honors at an upcoming awards show to celebrate Aussie stars in Hollywood.
The Breakthrough Awards, organized by the Australians In Film association, is designed to recognized the achievements of stars from Down Under who are carving out careers in the American entertainment industry.
Hemsworth, who will appear in upcoming superhero blockbuster "Thor, and "True Blood" star Kwanten will follow in the footsteps of other actors including Sam Worthington, Mia Wasikowska, Isla Fisher and Abbie Cornish, who are all previous winners.
The event, which will take place in Los Angeles on May 13, will also see the announcement of the 2010 winner of the Heath Ledger Scholarship - a sum of $10,000 plus return airfare from Australia which will be awarded to one emerging Aussie to help pursue a career in the U.S.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny