Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten Win Breakthrough Award
Australian actors Chris Hemsworth and Ryan Kwanten are the toast of their native country - they will receive the top honors at an upcoming awards show to celebrate Aussie stars in Hollywood.
The Breakthrough Awards, organized by the Australians In Film association, is designed to recognized the achievements of stars from Down Under who are carving out careers in the American entertainment industry.
Hemsworth, who will appear in upcoming superhero blockbuster "Thor, and "True Blood" star Kwanten will follow in the footsteps of other actors including Sam Worthington, Mia Wasikowska, Isla Fisher and Abbie Cornish, who are all previous winners.
The event, which will take place in Los Angeles on May 13, will also see the announcement of the 2010 winner of the Heath Ledger Scholarship - a sum of $10,000 plus return airfare from Australia which will be awarded to one emerging Aussie to help pursue a career in the U.S.
More Chris Hemsworth News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics