Randy Quaid and Wife Released on Bail
Actor Randy Quaid and his wife have been released from prison after posting $100,000 bail each. The "Brokeback Mountain" star and his wife Evi were jailed by a judge in Santa Barbara, California on Monday, April 26 to make sure they returned for a hearing into their 2009 fraud and burglary case on Wednesday, April 28 after a series of court no-shows.
Superior Court Judge Frank Ochoa told the couple they had been disrespectful by refusing to show up for arranged court dates, including one they missed earlier this month. The pair was then taken into custody - but spent less than four hours behind bars after offering up the bail money, according to the Associated Press.
Their lawyer, Robert Sanger, said the Quaids hope to resolve the case without a trial. The legal wrangling stems from a September 2009 arrest after the couple allegedly failed to pay a $10,000 hotel bill following a stay at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara.
Arrest warrants were issued for Quaid and his wife when they failed to show up in court on April 12. They have had a number of warrants issued for their arrest over past court no-shows - each one was later quashed. The pair ignored five orders to appear in court last year before pleading not guilty to all charges in December 2009.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date