Billy Corgan Criticizes Courtney Love on Twitter
Rocker Billy Corgan has continued his war of words with former pal Courtney Love on the eve of the release of her comeback album. The Smashing Pumpkins frontman took to his Twitter.com account on Monday, April 26 to blast Love, accusing her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and insisting she's an unfit mum.
Referring to the Hole star's custody battle over her teenage daughter Frances Bean Cobain, Corgan jeers, "The world is aware of your lack of responsibility, as seen in the gov't taking away your parental right. Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u. Oops, did I say too much?"
Frances Bean, Love's daughter with late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Corgan also criticized Love's songwriting talents, writing, "If you can't write your own songs maybe you should just be happy that you fooled someone into doing your work for you."
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'