Bernie Nolan Withdraws From Stage Show Due to Cancer Battle
Irish singer Bernie Nolan has quit her role in a U.K. stage show to focus on her breast cancer battle. The 49 year old revealed on Sunday, April 25 she has been diagnosed with the disease and is due to undergo surgery and chemotherapy in the coming weeks.
And on Monday, April 26, it was announced she has pulled out of stage comedy "Mum's the Word" to focus on fighting the illness. Show producer Robert C. Kelly says, "It is with great regret that we're losing Bernie from the show - we shall all miss her both personally and professionally and, it goes without saying, we wish her a very speedy recovery and our thoughts are with her and her family at this difficult time."
"Ever the consummate professional, Bernie demanded the show continue on tour and even offered to stay on the road during the early days of her treatment. However, good sense has prevailed, and she has now decided it is wiser to take a rest and build up her strength for her forthcoming treatment."
The singer, best known as being part of all-sister band The Nolans, did not appear in "Mum's the Word" last week after her cancer was confirmed.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier