Idlewild Announce Hiatus
Scottish rockers Idlewild will go their separate ways once they conclude their current U.K. tour - blaming the hiatus on a lack of "demand" for their music. The band will take an extended break after they wrap up a series of gigs in Britain and Ireland in May.
Frontman Roddy Woomble announced the news in a post on the group's Facebook.com page, but did not reveal if the rockers expect to reunite in future. He writes, "At the end of this final part of the tour we will have played 40 gigs around the U.K. and Ireland in support of (the band's latest album) 'Post Electric Blues', which seems more than enough for some time."
"There isn't the demand for our music that there was in the past, especially not outside of Britain, so it seems after this year it's an appropriate time to take a break, a 'hiatus' or whatever you want to call it."
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!