Whitney Houston Apologizes Over 'Temperamental' Voice
Whitney Houston apologized to the crowd at a concert in London on Sunday night, April 25 after her famous voice failed onstage - telling fans her vocals are "getting a little temperamental". The singer is currently touring the world with her "Nothing But Love" shows, but her performances have been marred by problems.
The gigs have been mauled by critics, with many claiming Houston sounds breathless and off-key throughout her songs - and she scrapped several concerts in Europe earlier this month after falling sick with an upper respiratory infection.
Houston took her tour to London on Sunday and did little to allay fears for her health - she struggled to complete her most famous tune, "I Will Always Love You", and many fans walked out, according to London's Evening Standard newspaper.
The singer acknowledged her failings and apologized to the audience for her poor vocal performance. She told the crowd, "She don't want to come, my soprano friend. Sometimes the old girl sings, but not tonight. I want to do it, but she doesn't want to... She's getting a little... temperamental, even."
She also insisted her croaky vocals had been exacerbated by the O2 Arena's powerful air-conditioning system, urging officials at the venue to "Turn the air-con off, I can feel it, it takes away my soprano." Later in the show, Houston also struggled with her other hits including "Greatest Love of All", which she cut short after just a couple of verses.
More Whitney Houston News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group