Akon Sues Over Konvict Fragrance
R&B singer Akon has filed a lawsuit against his former business partners alleging they used his name for a new perfume without permission. The Grammy-nominee and founder of record label Konvict Muzik was recently in talks with fragrance developers to create his own scent, reports the New York Daily News.
But according to documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday, April 23, the "Smack That" star was stunned when perfume executives formed Konvict Cosmetics International and started selling a scent called Konvict without his approval.
Akon is demanding the company ceases production. Representatives from Konvict Cosmetics had not responded to requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding