Akon Sues Over Konvict Fragrance
R&B singer Akon has filed a lawsuit against his former business partners alleging they used his name for a new perfume without permission. The Grammy-nominee and founder of record label Konvict Muzik was recently in talks with fragrance developers to create his own scent, reports the New York Daily News.
But according to documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday, April 23, the "Smack That" star was stunned when perfume executives formed Konvict Cosmetics International and started selling a scent called Konvict without his approval.
Akon is demanding the company ceases production. Representatives from Konvict Cosmetics had not responded to requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order