Akon Sues Over Konvict Fragrance
R&B singer Akon has filed a lawsuit against his former business partners alleging they used his name for a new perfume without permission. The Grammy-nominee and founder of record label Konvict Muzik was recently in talks with fragrance developers to create his own scent, reports the New York Daily News.
But according to documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday, April 23, the "Smack That" star was stunned when perfume executives formed Konvict Cosmetics International and started selling a scent called Konvict without his approval.
Akon is demanding the company ceases production. Representatives from Konvict Cosmetics had not responded to requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image