Akon Sues Over Konvict Fragrance
R&B singer Akon has filed a lawsuit against his former business partners alleging they used his name for a new perfume without permission. The Grammy-nominee and founder of record label Konvict Muzik was recently in talks with fragrance developers to create his own scent, reports the New York Daily News.
But according to documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday, April 23, the "Smack That" star was stunned when perfume executives formed Konvict Cosmetics International and started selling a scent called Konvict without his approval.
Akon is demanding the company ceases production. Representatives from Konvict Cosmetics had not responded to requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung