Akon Sues Over Konvict Fragrance
R&B singer Akon has filed a lawsuit against his former business partners alleging they used his name for a new perfume without permission. The Grammy-nominee and founder of record label Konvict Muzik was recently in talks with fragrance developers to create his own scent, reports the New York Daily News.
But according to documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday, April 23, the "Smack That" star was stunned when perfume executives formed Konvict Cosmetics International and started selling a scent called Konvict without his approval.
Akon is demanding the company ceases production. Representatives from Konvict Cosmetics had not responded to requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof