'Brokeback Mountain' Actor Randy Quaid and His Wife Are Jailed
Actor Randy Quaid and his wife have been jailed after testing the legal limits of California lawmakers with a series of court no-shows. The "Brokeback Mountain" star and his wife Evi were in court in Santa Barbara on Monday, April 26, and were jailed to make sure they returned for a hearing into their 2009 fraud and burglary case on Wednesday, April 28.
Superior Court Judge Frank Ochoa told the couple they had been disrespectful by refusing to show up for arranged court dates, including one they missed earlier this month, and had them taken into custody. He set bail at $100,000.
The Quaids were arrested in September 2009 after failing to pay a $10,000 hotel bill after a stay at the San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara. Arrest warrants were issued for the couple when Quaid and his wife failed to show up in court on 12 April this year. They have had a number of warrants issued for their arrest over past court no-shows - each one was later quashed.
The pair ignored five orders to appear in court last year before pleading not guilty to all charges in December 2009.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season