Leona Lewis Writes 'Mantras' to Help Calm Her Nerves
Leona Lewis struggles so badly with nerves before concerts, she writes "mantras" on her hand to help her cope with live performances. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker is preparing to embark on her first full-length tour in the U.K. next month - but Lewis admits she's terrified about the gigs.
Photos of Lewis onstage often show her with words written on her hands, prompting speculation she cannot remember the lyrics to her songs. Now Lewis has revealed the real reason for her strange habit - it calms her nerves.
She says, "I try to focus on what I'm doing. I get really nervous beforehand but as soon as I go out, I'm kind of okay. Something else kind of takes over and the nerves just disappear. I sometimes write stuff on my hands, like words from my songs or mantras or something I've read that really helps me."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off