Leona Lewis Writes 'Mantras' to Help Calm Her Nerves
Leona Lewis struggles so badly with nerves before concerts, she writes "mantras" on her hand to help her cope with live performances. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker is preparing to embark on her first full-length tour in the U.K. next month - but Lewis admits she's terrified about the gigs.
Photos of Lewis onstage often show her with words written on her hands, prompting speculation she cannot remember the lyrics to her songs. Now Lewis has revealed the real reason for her strange habit - it calms her nerves.
She says, "I try to focus on what I'm doing. I get really nervous beforehand but as soon as I go out, I'm kind of okay. Something else kind of takes over and the nerves just disappear. I sometimes write stuff on my hands, like words from my songs or mantras or something I've read that really helps me."
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified
- Scott Gimple Teases Rick's Death in 'The Walking Dead' Season 8