Leona Lewis Writes 'Mantras' to Help Calm Her Nerves
Leona Lewis struggles so badly with nerves before concerts, she writes "mantras" on her hand to help her cope with live performances. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker is preparing to embark on her first full-length tour in the U.K. next month - but Lewis admits she's terrified about the gigs.
Photos of Lewis onstage often show her with words written on her hands, prompting speculation she cannot remember the lyrics to her songs. Now Lewis has revealed the real reason for her strange habit - it calms her nerves.
She says, "I try to focus on what I'm doing. I get really nervous beforehand but as soon as I go out, I'm kind of okay. Something else kind of takes over and the nerves just disappear. I sometimes write stuff on my hands, like words from my songs or mantras or something I've read that really helps me."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!