Leona Lewis Writes 'Mantras' to Help Calm Her Nerves
Leona Lewis struggles so badly with nerves before concerts, she writes "mantras" on her hand to help her cope with live performances. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker is preparing to embark on her first full-length tour in the U.K. next month - but Lewis admits she's terrified about the gigs.
Photos of Lewis onstage often show her with words written on her hands, prompting speculation she cannot remember the lyrics to her songs. Now Lewis has revealed the real reason for her strange habit - it calms her nerves.
She says, "I try to focus on what I'm doing. I get really nervous beforehand but as soon as I go out, I'm kind of okay. Something else kind of takes over and the nerves just disappear. I sometimes write stuff on my hands, like words from my songs or mantras or something I've read that really helps me."
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas