Leona Lewis Writes 'Mantras' to Help Calm Her Nerves
Leona Lewis struggles so badly with nerves before concerts, she writes "mantras" on her hand to help her cope with live performances. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker is preparing to embark on her first full-length tour in the U.K. next month - but Lewis admits she's terrified about the gigs.
Photos of Lewis onstage often show her with words written on her hands, prompting speculation she cannot remember the lyrics to her songs. Now Lewis has revealed the real reason for her strange habit - it calms her nerves.
She says, "I try to focus on what I'm doing. I get really nervous beforehand but as soon as I go out, I'm kind of okay. Something else kind of takes over and the nerves just disappear. I sometimes write stuff on my hands, like words from my songs or mantras or something I've read that really helps me."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones