Gordon Ramsay Backed Out of London Marathon Due to Injury
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay failed to complete the London Marathon on Sunday, April 25 after suffering a cramp in his leg. The kitchen guru was part of Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson's all-star team aiming to complete the 26.2-mile run across the U.K. capital.
But Ramsay didn't reach the finish line with his groupmates - he pulled out of the race part-way through due to injury. Branson says, "Even the best marathon runners drop out. You can get cramp so easily. I don't think anybody should feel disappointed or ashamed. At least he tried."
Runners in Branson's team who completed the grueling race included Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia and British royal Princess Beatrice.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'