Gordon Ramsay Backed Out of London Marathon Due to Injury
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay failed to complete the London Marathon on Sunday, April 25 after suffering a cramp in his leg. The kitchen guru was part of Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson's all-star team aiming to complete the 26.2-mile run across the U.K. capital.
But Ramsay didn't reach the finish line with his groupmates - he pulled out of the race part-way through due to injury. Branson says, "Even the best marathon runners drop out. You can get cramp so easily. I don't think anybody should feel disappointed or ashamed. At least he tried."
Runners in Branson's team who completed the grueling race included Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia and British royal Princess Beatrice.
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role