Amitabh Bachchan Suffers Severe Liver Damage
Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan is under "constant vigil and monitoring" from doctors because he's suffering severe liver damage. The veteran actor revealed to fans on Friday, April 23 he has developed cirrhosis of the liver, caused by a blood transfusion following a near-fatal accident while shooting for Coolie in 1982.
In a post on his website, Bachchan writes, "I (am) a patient that had developed cirrhosis of the liver - a condition that is normally associated with that of an alcoholic. Now since the liver and any ailment associated with it is extremely sensitive, I have to be under constant vigil and monitoring. Some of them are at an extreme stage of repair and I may have to go under the knife sooner rather than later."
"(It) is a saga that never seems to end, for, what is more in store for me I cannot comprehend." The star has been dogged with health problems in the past year - he was hospitalized for an abdominal injury last summer, July 2009 and again for an intestinal problem in October.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences