Amitabh Bachchan Suffers Severe Liver Damage
Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan is under "constant vigil and monitoring" from doctors because he's suffering severe liver damage. The veteran actor revealed to fans on Friday, April 23 he has developed cirrhosis of the liver, caused by a blood transfusion following a near-fatal accident while shooting for Coolie in 1982.
In a post on his website, Bachchan writes, "I (am) a patient that had developed cirrhosis of the liver - a condition that is normally associated with that of an alcoholic. Now since the liver and any ailment associated with it is extremely sensitive, I have to be under constant vigil and monitoring. Some of them are at an extreme stage of repair and I may have to go under the knife sooner rather than later."
"(It) is a saga that never seems to end, for, what is more in store for me I cannot comprehend." The star has been dogged with health problems in the past year - he was hospitalized for an abdominal injury last summer, July 2009 and again for an intestinal problem in October.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab