Amitabh Bachchan Suffers Severe Liver Damage
Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan is under "constant vigil and monitoring" from doctors because he's suffering severe liver damage. The veteran actor revealed to fans on Friday, April 23 he has developed cirrhosis of the liver, caused by a blood transfusion following a near-fatal accident while shooting for Coolie in 1982.
In a post on his website, Bachchan writes, "I (am) a patient that had developed cirrhosis of the liver - a condition that is normally associated with that of an alcoholic. Now since the liver and any ailment associated with it is extremely sensitive, I have to be under constant vigil and monitoring. Some of them are at an extreme stage of repair and I may have to go under the knife sooner rather than later."
"(It) is a saga that never seems to end, for, what is more in store for me I cannot comprehend." The star has been dogged with health problems in the past year - he was hospitalized for an abdominal injury last summer, July 2009 and again for an intestinal problem in October.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role