Usher: Justin Bieber More Talented Than I Was
Usher predicts his protege Justin Bieber's career success could surpass his own - because the sensation is a "more talented musician" than he was as a teen. The "Yeah!" hitmaker, who has been mentoring the Canadian since meeting him in 2008, insists he's not surprised Bieber is now topping the charts - and he's convinced the 16 year old is set to grow in popularity.
Usher says, "You haven't seen the best of him. He is a pop craze like The Beatles. They started out as pure pop artists and look what they became over the years. Justin reminds me of myself at that age, only he's a much more talented musician than I was. He taught himself piano and guitar."
"I couldn't, so he has that advantage. This isn't about his age and we're never going to appease a crowd. His audience will grow with him. I started out when I was a teenager. Now, 45 million albums later..."
More Usher News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof