Usher: Justin Bieber More Talented Than I Was
Usher predicts his protege Justin Bieber's career success could surpass his own - because the sensation is a "more talented musician" than he was as a teen. The "Yeah!" hitmaker, who has been mentoring the Canadian since meeting him in 2008, insists he's not surprised Bieber is now topping the charts - and he's convinced the 16 year old is set to grow in popularity.
Usher says, "You haven't seen the best of him. He is a pop craze like The Beatles. They started out as pure pop artists and look what they became over the years. Justin reminds me of myself at that age, only he's a much more talented musician than I was. He taught himself piano and guitar."
"I couldn't, so he has that advantage. This isn't about his age and we're never going to appease a crowd. His audience will grow with him. I started out when I was a teenager. Now, 45 million albums later..."
More Usher News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift