Usher: Justin Bieber More Talented Than I Was
Usher predicts his protege Justin Bieber's career success could surpass his own - because the sensation is a "more talented musician" than he was as a teen. The "Yeah!" hitmaker, who has been mentoring the Canadian since meeting him in 2008, insists he's not surprised Bieber is now topping the charts - and he's convinced the 16 year old is set to grow in popularity.
Usher says, "You haven't seen the best of him. He is a pop craze like The Beatles. They started out as pure pop artists and look what they became over the years. Justin reminds me of myself at that age, only he's a much more talented musician than I was. He taught himself piano and guitar."
"I couldn't, so he has that advantage. This isn't about his age and we're never going to appease a crowd. His audience will grow with him. I started out when I was a teenager. Now, 45 million albums later..."
More Usher News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms