Wolfmother Parting Ways With Dave Atkins
Australian rockers Wolfmother are facing another line-up change - they have lost a second drummer in as many years following the departure of Dave Atkins. The band was rocked in 2008 when two of the three original members, Chris Ross and Myles Heskett, left the band citing "irreconcilable personal and musical differences".
Frontman Andrew Stockdale decided to continue the group and recruited new members, including Atkins, to take their place. But the band has hit trouble again with the announcement that Atkins has quit to "spend much-needed time at home with his family".
A statement from Wolfmother reads, "After two years of good service to Wolfmother, Dave Atkins has decided to leave the band to spend much-needed time at home with his family. Dave has had a great experience touring and recording with the band, though in time, it's proven to be too exhausting and taxing on his home life."
The rockers have dismissed rumors of a rift and revealed they have already replaced Atkins, adding: "All is good between the band, everyone is cool, this is more of a life change decision for Dave. We've come across a young gun by the name of Will Rockwell-Scott. We're very happy to have him on board and Will is keen as mustard to enter into the realm of Wolfmother."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?