Wolfmother Parting Ways With Dave Atkins
Australian rockers Wolfmother are facing another line-up change - they have lost a second drummer in as many years following the departure of Dave Atkins. The band was rocked in 2008 when two of the three original members, Chris Ross and Myles Heskett, left the band citing "irreconcilable personal and musical differences".
Frontman Andrew Stockdale decided to continue the group and recruited new members, including Atkins, to take their place. But the band has hit trouble again with the announcement that Atkins has quit to "spend much-needed time at home with his family".
A statement from Wolfmother reads, "After two years of good service to Wolfmother, Dave Atkins has decided to leave the band to spend much-needed time at home with his family. Dave has had a great experience touring and recording with the band, though in time, it's proven to be too exhausting and taxing on his home life."
The rockers have dismissed rumors of a rift and revealed they have already replaced Atkins, adding: "All is good between the band, everyone is cool, this is more of a life change decision for Dave. We've come across a young gun by the name of Will Rockwell-Scott. We're very happy to have him on board and Will is keen as mustard to enter into the realm of Wolfmother."
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana