Wolfmother Parting Ways With Dave Atkins
Australian rockers Wolfmother are facing another line-up change - they have lost a second drummer in as many years following the departure of Dave Atkins. The band was rocked in 2008 when two of the three original members, Chris Ross and Myles Heskett, left the band citing "irreconcilable personal and musical differences".
Frontman Andrew Stockdale decided to continue the group and recruited new members, including Atkins, to take their place. But the band has hit trouble again with the announcement that Atkins has quit to "spend much-needed time at home with his family".
A statement from Wolfmother reads, "After two years of good service to Wolfmother, Dave Atkins has decided to leave the band to spend much-needed time at home with his family. Dave has had a great experience touring and recording with the band, though in time, it's proven to be too exhausting and taxing on his home life."
The rockers have dismissed rumors of a rift and revealed they have already replaced Atkins, adding: "All is good between the band, everyone is cool, this is more of a life change decision for Dave. We've come across a young gun by the name of Will Rockwell-Scott. We're very happy to have him on board and Will is keen as mustard to enter into the realm of Wolfmother."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal