Joni Mitchell: Bob Dylan Is Fake and Plagiarist
Joni Mitchell has criticized Bob Dylan as a "fake" and a "plagiarist" - insisting the folk legend's entire act is a "deception". Mitchell slammed the star during an interview with the Los Angeles Times, after her decision to change her name from Roberta Joan Anderson was likened to Dylan's move to drop his birth name of Robert Zimmerman.
And the Canadian musician is adamant she is very different to the Blowin' "In the Wind" hitmaker. She tells the newspaper, "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I."
"As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter 'A's to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name - I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson - but he wouldn't let me."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor