Joni Mitchell: Bob Dylan Is Fake and Plagiarist
Joni Mitchell has criticized Bob Dylan as a "fake" and a "plagiarist" - insisting the folk legend's entire act is a "deception". Mitchell slammed the star during an interview with the Los Angeles Times, after her decision to change her name from Roberta Joan Anderson was likened to Dylan's move to drop his birth name of Robert Zimmerman.
And the Canadian musician is adamant she is very different to the Blowin' "In the Wind" hitmaker. She tells the newspaper, "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I."
"As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter 'A's to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name - I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson - but he wouldn't let me."
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges