Joni Mitchell: Bob Dylan Is Fake and Plagiarist
Joni Mitchell has criticized Bob Dylan as a "fake" and a "plagiarist" - insisting the folk legend's entire act is a "deception". Mitchell slammed the star during an interview with the Los Angeles Times, after her decision to change her name from Roberta Joan Anderson was likened to Dylan's move to drop his birth name of Robert Zimmerman.
And the Canadian musician is adamant she is very different to the Blowin' "In the Wind" hitmaker. She tells the newspaper, "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I."
"As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter 'A's to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name - I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson - but he wouldn't let me."
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch