Joni Mitchell: Bob Dylan Is Fake and Plagiarist
Joni Mitchell has criticized Bob Dylan as a "fake" and a "plagiarist" - insisting the folk legend's entire act is a "deception". Mitchell slammed the star during an interview with the Los Angeles Times, after her decision to change her name from Roberta Joan Anderson was likened to Dylan's move to drop his birth name of Robert Zimmerman.
And the Canadian musician is adamant she is very different to the Blowin' "In the Wind" hitmaker. She tells the newspaper, "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I."
"As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter 'A's to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name - I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson - but he wouldn't let me."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation