James Cameron Slams 'Clash of the Titans' 3-D Effects
James Cameron is calling for movie bosses to put together a special organization to regulate the quality of 3-D films - following the "stupid" decision to add effects to "Clash of the Titans". The director embraced the technique when making his hugely successful sci-fi epic "Avatar", and he's been championing 3-D movies ever since.
And he is convinced industry officials need to form a new organization to publicize and protect 3-D films - because poor quality effects will harm the new genre. Cameron says, "What I'd love to do is put together some kind of a forum with the DGA (Directors Guild of America), let's say, and maybe the ASC (American Society of Cinematographers) and we'd have to do it in Canada, too. I think some quality standards do need to be discussed. I think the studios and big distribution companies need to be included in that dialogue. Let's not do stupid stuff that's going to hurt this burgeoning marketplace."
And Cameron uses the "Clash of the Titans" remake as an example, because movie bosses behind the film delayed its release so they could add 3-D effects at the last minute. He adds, "They worked against themselves with that film. I've heard people say that they couldn't watch (Clash of the Titans) in 3-D and thought it looked better in 2-D and they enjoyed the film more."
"I haven't seen the film, so I don't want to say too much, but I heard from enough sources that it was borderline unwatchable. And I have to say, I predicted that. When they said they were going to try to convert it to 3-D in seven weeks, I said it's not possible. You can't do it. You can slap a 3-D label on it and call it 3-D, but there's no possible way that it can be done up to a standard that anybody would consider high enough."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist