Salma Hayek and Ted Danson Help Raising $2 Million at Earth Day Auction
Eco-friendly A-listers and environmentalists helped raise nearly $2 million at a special charity auction to mark Earth Day on Thursday, April 22. Stars including Salma Hayek and Ted Danson turned up to Christie's Green Auction in New York to bid on lots including a painting by Damien Hirst and a round of golf with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
"Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver donated a dinner and theater date, Hugh Jackman offered up a trip to one of his movie sets, and Candice Bergen promised one lucky bidder a tour of New York's Central Park.
The event, which was hosted by Chevy Chase, marked the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, reports Reuters. Proceeds from the auction will go to environmental groups Natural Resources Defense Council, the Central Park Conservancy, Oceana and Conservation International.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?