Salma Hayek and Ted Danson Help Raising $2 Million at Earth Day Auction
Eco-friendly A-listers and environmentalists helped raise nearly $2 million at a special charity auction to mark Earth Day on Thursday, April 22. Stars including Salma Hayek and Ted Danson turned up to Christie's Green Auction in New York to bid on lots including a painting by Damien Hirst and a round of golf with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
"Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver donated a dinner and theater date, Hugh Jackman offered up a trip to one of his movie sets, and Candice Bergen promised one lucky bidder a tour of New York's Central Park.
The event, which was hosted by Chevy Chase, marked the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, reports Reuters. Proceeds from the auction will go to environmental groups Natural Resources Defense Council, the Central Park Conservancy, Oceana and Conservation International.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says