Salma Hayek and Ted Danson Help Raising $2 Million at Earth Day Auction
Eco-friendly A-listers and environmentalists helped raise nearly $2 million at a special charity auction to mark Earth Day on Thursday, April 22. Stars including Salma Hayek and Ted Danson turned up to Christie's Green Auction in New York to bid on lots including a painting by Damien Hirst and a round of golf with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
"Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver donated a dinner and theater date, Hugh Jackman offered up a trip to one of his movie sets, and Candice Bergen promised one lucky bidder a tour of New York's Central Park.
The event, which was hosted by Chevy Chase, marked the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, reports Reuters. Proceeds from the auction will go to environmental groups Natural Resources Defense Council, the Central Park Conservancy, Oceana and Conservation International.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart