Salma Hayek and Ted Danson Help Raising $2 Million at Earth Day Auction
Eco-friendly A-listers and environmentalists helped raise nearly $2 million at a special charity auction to mark Earth Day on Thursday, April 22. Stars including Salma Hayek and Ted Danson turned up to Christie's Green Auction in New York to bid on lots including a painting by Damien Hirst and a round of golf with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
"Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver donated a dinner and theater date, Hugh Jackman offered up a trip to one of his movie sets, and Candice Bergen promised one lucky bidder a tour of New York's Central Park.
The event, which was hosted by Chevy Chase, marked the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, reports Reuters. Proceeds from the auction will go to environmental groups Natural Resources Defense Council, the Central Park Conservancy, Oceana and Conservation International.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?