Salma Hayek and Ted Danson Help Raising $2 Million at Earth Day Auction
Eco-friendly A-listers and environmentalists helped raise nearly $2 million at a special charity auction to mark Earth Day on Thursday, April 22. Stars including Salma Hayek and Ted Danson turned up to Christie's Green Auction in New York to bid on lots including a painting by Damien Hirst and a round of golf with former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
"Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver donated a dinner and theater date, Hugh Jackman offered up a trip to one of his movie sets, and Candice Bergen promised one lucky bidder a tour of New York's Central Park.
The event, which was hosted by Chevy Chase, marked the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day, reports Reuters. Proceeds from the auction will go to environmental groups Natural Resources Defense Council, the Central Park Conservancy, Oceana and Conservation International.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo