Wyclef Jean Helps Haitian Youngsters to Get Artificial Limbs
Wyclef Jean is continuing to support survivors of January's Haiti earthquake - he's flying three victims to America so they can receive artificial limbs. The former The Fugees' star has been one of the key figures leading the relief efforts in his homeland, which was left devastated by the massive tremor.
Jean has now stepped up his efforts by inviting three females who were seriously injured during the quake to the U.S., according to AllHipHop.com. The survivors, one eight year old and two 17 year olds, flew to New York with the rapper on Thursday night, April 22, and will receive free artificial limbs during their visit, funded through his Yele Haiti foundation.
Recently, Wyclef Jean's fundraising efforts for earthquake-stricken Haiti landed him an honor at the 41st NAACP Image Awards. On the February 26's ceremony, the 37-year-old musician was presented with Vanguard Award for Work in Racial and Social Issues.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son