Wyclef Jean Helps Haitian Youngsters to Get Artificial Limbs
Wyclef Jean is continuing to support survivors of January's Haiti earthquake - he's flying three victims to America so they can receive artificial limbs. The former The Fugees' star has been one of the key figures leading the relief efforts in his homeland, which was left devastated by the massive tremor.
Jean has now stepped up his efforts by inviting three females who were seriously injured during the quake to the U.S., according to AllHipHop.com. The survivors, one eight year old and two 17 year olds, flew to New York with the rapper on Thursday night, April 22, and will receive free artificial limbs during their visit, funded through his Yele Haiti foundation.
Recently, Wyclef Jean's fundraising efforts for earthquake-stricken Haiti landed him an honor at the 41st NAACP Image Awards. On the February 26's ceremony, the 37-year-old musician was presented with Vanguard Award for Work in Racial and Social Issues.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri