Wyclef Jean Helps Haitian Youngsters to Get Artificial Limbs
Wyclef Jean is continuing to support survivors of January's Haiti earthquake - he's flying three victims to America so they can receive artificial limbs. The former The Fugees' star has been one of the key figures leading the relief efforts in his homeland, which was left devastated by the massive tremor.
Jean has now stepped up his efforts by inviting three females who were seriously injured during the quake to the U.S., according to AllHipHop.com. The survivors, one eight year old and two 17 year olds, flew to New York with the rapper on Thursday night, April 22, and will receive free artificial limbs during their visit, funded through his Yele Haiti foundation.
Recently, Wyclef Jean's fundraising efforts for earthquake-stricken Haiti landed him an honor at the 41st NAACP Image Awards. On the February 26's ceremony, the 37-year-old musician was presented with Vanguard Award for Work in Racial and Social Issues.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked