Wyclef Jean Helps Haitian Youngsters to Get Artificial Limbs
Wyclef Jean is continuing to support survivors of January's Haiti earthquake - he's flying three victims to America so they can receive artificial limbs. The former The Fugees' star has been one of the key figures leading the relief efforts in his homeland, which was left devastated by the massive tremor.
Jean has now stepped up his efforts by inviting three females who were seriously injured during the quake to the U.S., according to AllHipHop.com. The survivors, one eight year old and two 17 year olds, flew to New York with the rapper on Thursday night, April 22, and will receive free artificial limbs during their visit, funded through his Yele Haiti foundation.
Recently, Wyclef Jean's fundraising efforts for earthquake-stricken Haiti landed him an honor at the 41st NAACP Image Awards. On the February 26's ceremony, the 37-year-old musician was presented with Vanguard Award for Work in Racial and Social Issues.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017