New Mom Kelis Returns to Stage Amid Divorce
Kelis returned to the stage for the first time since becoming a new mum last year on Wednesday night, April 21 in New York. The colorful R&B star took a break from her bitter divorce battle with estranged husband Nas to hit the stage at Santos Party House in Manhattan - for the first time in four years.
Wearing a figure-hugging white body suit, cape and tiara, the "Milkshake" singer raced through classics and new tunes like "22nd Century", "4th of July" and "Brave", which she wrote after becoming mum to baby Knight. She even threw in a rendition of Madonna's "Holiday".
Kelis recently asked for a speedy from the judges in her divorce case. According to the court documents, Kelis wants the marriage "terminated as soon as possible," reasoning there is no chance of reconciliation. Nas also wanted the same thing, saying "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
Kelis' new album "Flesh Tone" is due in stores July 6.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic