Lindsay Lohan's House Raided After Family Talk Broke Down
Lindsay Lohan's father planned a police-led intervention at his daughter's Hollywood apartment after plans to sit down and talk about the actress' ongoing troubles fell through after her "Coachella festival binge". Michael Lohan led a raid on Lohan's home on Thursday, April 22 in a desperate bid to prompt his actress daughter to seek help for an alleged substance abuse issue, and to make sure his younger daughter Ali, who is living with her sister, was safe.
Speaking to TMZ.com after the raid, Michael Lohan revealed his estranged eldest daughter called him before her trip to the Coachella festival and the two discussed plans to sit down and talk about their relationship and Lindsay's problems.
He says, "We were talking about sitting down and talking, but every time it comes to that she goes on one of these binges.. and the next thing you know everything's broken down." Lohan admitted he was shocked by the state of his eldest daughter's apartment: "There's a mattress on the floor with just sheets; there's no furniture and Lindsay's laying on the bed and I said, 'Linds, I need to speak with you...' She was feeling the night before."
"Lindsay got irate: 'What are you doing here? You can't bring police into my apartment'." But Lohan reveals he checked with lawmakers and his daughter's lawyer before staging the dramatic intervention, and he was "within my rights and within the boundaries of the law to do what I did."
The actress' worried father tells TMZ.com he now plans to ask officials at Los Angeles' Department of Children and Family Services for help, so he can fix his broken family. He states, "Ali needs to be in a regular school and have a regular life... Ali is 16. Lindsay is not in the proper frame of mind to deal with Ali... I want Ali back at home, I want Ali back in school and I want Lindsay to get help."
And he's urging ex-wife Dina to "get on the same page" and help him. He adds, "(I want to) get Lindsay off prescription drugs... and get therapy for the entire therapy."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival