Rihanna Canceled Duet With La Roux's Singer After Chris Brown's Attack
Rihanna planned to record a duet with British singer Elly Jackson - but the project was shelved after the Bajan beauty was attacked by her boyfriend Chris Brown. La Roux singer Jackson has been approached by several "big artists" about a collaboration, including Nelly Furtado and hip-hop stars N.E.R.D.
Rihanna also made inquiries about working with the "Bulletproof" star - but the plan collapsed when the "Umbrella" hitmaker went into hiding after Brown assaulted her in Los Angeles last year. Jackson tells Britain's NME magazine, "I've had three or four offers for collaborations in America. Big, big artists. Rihanna was very interested for a time... That was weird."
"My A&R (artists and repertoire) man said, 'Rihanna's gonna call!' That was the last I heard of it. She didn't call! It was around the time of, er, troubles in her life. To be honest, do I really want to work with Rihanna? Not really. I'm more interested in what the phone call would be like."
Brown was sentenced to community service and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to beating Rihanna after a pre-Grammy Awards party in February last year.
More Rihanna News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding