Rihanna Canceled Duet With La Roux's Singer After Chris Brown's Attack
Rihanna planned to record a duet with British singer Elly Jackson - but the project was shelved after the Bajan beauty was attacked by her boyfriend Chris Brown. La Roux singer Jackson has been approached by several "big artists" about a collaboration, including Nelly Furtado and hip-hop stars N.E.R.D.
Rihanna also made inquiries about working with the "Bulletproof" star - but the plan collapsed when the "Umbrella" hitmaker went into hiding after Brown assaulted her in Los Angeles last year. Jackson tells Britain's NME magazine, "I've had three or four offers for collaborations in America. Big, big artists. Rihanna was very interested for a time... That was weird."
"My A&R (artists and repertoire) man said, 'Rihanna's gonna call!' That was the last I heard of it. She didn't call! It was around the time of, er, troubles in her life. To be honest, do I really want to work with Rihanna? Not really. I'm more interested in what the phone call would be like."
Brown was sentenced to community service and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to beating Rihanna after a pre-Grammy Awards party in February last year.
More Rihanna News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance