Rihanna Canceled Duet With La Roux's Singer After Chris Brown's Attack
Rihanna planned to record a duet with British singer Elly Jackson - but the project was shelved after the Bajan beauty was attacked by her boyfriend Chris Brown. La Roux singer Jackson has been approached by several "big artists" about a collaboration, including Nelly Furtado and hip-hop stars N.E.R.D.
Rihanna also made inquiries about working with the "Bulletproof" star - but the plan collapsed when the "Umbrella" hitmaker went into hiding after Brown assaulted her in Los Angeles last year. Jackson tells Britain's NME magazine, "I've had three or four offers for collaborations in America. Big, big artists. Rihanna was very interested for a time... That was weird."
"My A&R (artists and repertoire) man said, 'Rihanna's gonna call!' That was the last I heard of it. She didn't call! It was around the time of, er, troubles in her life. To be honest, do I really want to work with Rihanna? Not really. I'm more interested in what the phone call would be like."
Brown was sentenced to community service and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to beating Rihanna after a pre-Grammy Awards party in February last year.
More Rihanna News
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer