Miley Cyrus' Family Thank Volcano Eruption
Miley Cyrus' family were quietly pleased when an ash storm from Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano kept the actress/singer from the U.K. premiere of her new film "The Last Song" - because it meant they had more time to spend with her and new boyfriend Liam Hemsworth.
The lovebirds and co-stars were supposed to be in London for the screening on Tuesday, April 20, but when all planes to and from Europe were grounded last week following the volcano eruption, their plans were scrapped. Cyrus was upset when she learned she would be unable to fly to the U.K., but her family made her realize it was a good thing.
Speaking via satellite on Britain's Live From Studio Five TV show, she says, "I was kind of freaking out about how I was going to make up all of the things that I was supposed to do. I was especially bummed just about the premiere that I couldn't go to; that was the thing that made me the most sad."
"Me and my family were joking around; they were like, 'Miley you're such a freak about working and working all the time that the only thing that can stop you from going to do more work is a volcano'. They were like, 'That's really sad... that's the only way we can get you to spend any time with us is a volcano?' "
"It was pretty crazy when I heard that the trip was getting canceled, because of course I was stressing out about packing... As soon as I finished packing all of my stuff, which is very hard when you're going away for a while to a completely different country... I got the text, 'You're not going any more'. I was like 'Oh, great'."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift