Miley Cyrus' Family Thank Volcano Eruption
Miley Cyrus' family were quietly pleased when an ash storm from Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano kept the actress/singer from the U.K. premiere of her new film "The Last Song" - because it meant they had more time to spend with her and new boyfriend Liam Hemsworth.
The lovebirds and co-stars were supposed to be in London for the screening on Tuesday, April 20, but when all planes to and from Europe were grounded last week following the volcano eruption, their plans were scrapped. Cyrus was upset when she learned she would be unable to fly to the U.K., but her family made her realize it was a good thing.
Speaking via satellite on Britain's Live From Studio Five TV show, she says, "I was kind of freaking out about how I was going to make up all of the things that I was supposed to do. I was especially bummed just about the premiere that I couldn't go to; that was the thing that made me the most sad."
"Me and my family were joking around; they were like, 'Miley you're such a freak about working and working all the time that the only thing that can stop you from going to do more work is a volcano'. They were like, 'That's really sad... that's the only way we can get you to spend any time with us is a volcano?' "
"It was pretty crazy when I heard that the trip was getting canceled, because of course I was stressing out about packing... As soon as I finished packing all of my stuff, which is very hard when you're going away for a while to a completely different country... I got the text, 'You're not going any more'. I was like 'Oh, great'."
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed