Melanie Griffith Makes Movie Comeback, to Start Filming Next Month
Melanie Griffith is preparing to make her movie comeback after years in the Hollywood wilderness - she starts shooting a new film next month. The "Working Girl" star cut back on her film roles in the late 1990s to focus on her family, and has only been seen in a handful of minor TV parts and cameo appearances over the last few years.
Griffith was also sidelined by a prescription drug habit, but kicked her addictions with a stint in rehab last year, and she is now preparing to relaunch her movie career. She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I want to get back to work. I start shooting a movie next month, but I don't want to say any more in case it falls through."
Griffith's husband Antonio Banderas adds, "She's been in the background the last few years, because she's been dedicated to another profession - her family - and she hasn't been in front of the cameras. But now I can see she wants to return, to make movies, and she also feels like doing theater. She's reading a lot of scripts, preparing to go back."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture