Melanie Griffith Makes Movie Comeback, to Start Filming Next Month
Melanie Griffith is preparing to make her movie comeback after years in the Hollywood wilderness - she starts shooting a new film next month. The "Working Girl" star cut back on her film roles in the late 1990s to focus on her family, and has only been seen in a handful of minor TV parts and cameo appearances over the last few years.
Griffith was also sidelined by a prescription drug habit, but kicked her addictions with a stint in rehab last year, and she is now preparing to relaunch her movie career. She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I want to get back to work. I start shooting a movie next month, but I don't want to say any more in case it falls through."
Griffith's husband Antonio Banderas adds, "She's been in the background the last few years, because she's been dedicated to another profession - her family - and she hasn't been in front of the cameras. But now I can see she wants to return, to make movies, and she also feels like doing theater. She's reading a lot of scripts, preparing to go back."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak