Melanie Griffith Makes Movie Comeback, to Start Filming Next Month
Melanie Griffith is preparing to make her movie comeback after years in the Hollywood wilderness - she starts shooting a new film next month. The "Working Girl" star cut back on her film roles in the late 1990s to focus on her family, and has only been seen in a handful of minor TV parts and cameo appearances over the last few years.
Griffith was also sidelined by a prescription drug habit, but kicked her addictions with a stint in rehab last year, and she is now preparing to relaunch her movie career. She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I want to get back to work. I start shooting a movie next month, but I don't want to say any more in case it falls through."
Griffith's husband Antonio Banderas adds, "She's been in the background the last few years, because she's been dedicated to another profession - her family - and she hasn't been in front of the cameras. But now I can see she wants to return, to make movies, and she also feels like doing theater. She's reading a lot of scripts, preparing to go back."
More Melanie Griffith News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal