Melanie Griffith Makes Movie Comeback, to Start Filming Next Month
Melanie Griffith is preparing to make her movie comeback after years in the Hollywood wilderness - she starts shooting a new film next month. The "Working Girl" star cut back on her film roles in the late 1990s to focus on her family, and has only been seen in a handful of minor TV parts and cameo appearances over the last few years.
Griffith was also sidelined by a prescription drug habit, but kicked her addictions with a stint in rehab last year, and she is now preparing to relaunch her movie career. She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I want to get back to work. I start shooting a movie next month, but I don't want to say any more in case it falls through."
Griffith's husband Antonio Banderas adds, "She's been in the background the last few years, because she's been dedicated to another profession - her family - and she hasn't been in front of the cameras. But now I can see she wants to return, to make movies, and she also feels like doing theater. She's reading a lot of scripts, preparing to go back."
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts