Melanie Griffith Makes Movie Comeback, to Start Filming Next Month
Melanie Griffith is preparing to make her movie comeback after years in the Hollywood wilderness - she starts shooting a new film next month. The "Working Girl" star cut back on her film roles in the late 1990s to focus on her family, and has only been seen in a handful of minor TV parts and cameo appearances over the last few years.
Griffith was also sidelined by a prescription drug habit, but kicked her addictions with a stint in rehab last year, and she is now preparing to relaunch her movie career. She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "I want to get back to work. I start shooting a movie next month, but I don't want to say any more in case it falls through."
Griffith's husband Antonio Banderas adds, "She's been in the background the last few years, because she's been dedicated to another profession - her family - and she hasn't been in front of the cameras. But now I can see she wants to return, to make movies, and she also feels like doing theater. She's reading a lot of scripts, preparing to go back."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard