Justin Bieber Wanted to Try 'American Idol'
Justin Bieber considered trying out for "American Idol" - but was signed up by record label bosses before he was old enough to audition. The singer dreamed of competing in the hit TV talent show but was waiting until he turned 16, when he would be eligible to try out.
But his reality TV plans were pushed aside after his performances on YouTube.com were discovered by Island Records executives, who rushed to add him to their roster. When asked if he would have competed on Idol, Bieber tells MTV.com, "For sure! You know, we used to watch (Idol). Me and my mom used to watch it when I was little and we were like, 'I could get on there, you know'."
"When I turned 16, I might have went and tried out, but this (YouTube) was faster."
More Justin Bieber News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed