Justin Bieber Wanted to Try 'American Idol'
Justin Bieber considered trying out for "American Idol" - but was signed up by record label bosses before he was old enough to audition. The singer dreamed of competing in the hit TV talent show but was waiting until he turned 16, when he would be eligible to try out.
But his reality TV plans were pushed aside after his performances on YouTube.com were discovered by Island Records executives, who rushed to add him to their roster. When asked if he would have competed on Idol, Bieber tells MTV.com, "For sure! You know, we used to watch (Idol). Me and my mom used to watch it when I was little and we were like, 'I could get on there, you know'."
"When I turned 16, I might have went and tried out, but this (YouTube) was faster."
More Justin Bieber News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower