Justin Bieber Wanted to Try 'American Idol'
Justin Bieber considered trying out for "American Idol" - but was signed up by record label bosses before he was old enough to audition. The singer dreamed of competing in the hit TV talent show but was waiting until he turned 16, when he would be eligible to try out.
But his reality TV plans were pushed aside after his performances on YouTube.com were discovered by Island Records executives, who rushed to add him to their roster. When asked if he would have competed on Idol, Bieber tells MTV.com, "For sure! You know, we used to watch (Idol). Me and my mom used to watch it when I was little and we were like, 'I could get on there, you know'."
"When I turned 16, I might have went and tried out, but this (YouTube) was faster."
More Justin Bieber News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs