Justin Bieber Wanted to Try 'American Idol'
Justin Bieber considered trying out for "American Idol" - but was signed up by record label bosses before he was old enough to audition. The singer dreamed of competing in the hit TV talent show but was waiting until he turned 16, when he would be eligible to try out.
But his reality TV plans were pushed aside after his performances on YouTube.com were discovered by Island Records executives, who rushed to add him to their roster. When asked if he would have competed on Idol, Bieber tells MTV.com, "For sure! You know, we used to watch (Idol). Me and my mom used to watch it when I was little and we were like, 'I could get on there, you know'."
"When I turned 16, I might have went and tried out, but this (YouTube) was faster."
More Justin Bieber News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert