Justin Bieber Wanted to Try 'American Idol'
Justin Bieber considered trying out for "American Idol" - but was signed up by record label bosses before he was old enough to audition. The singer dreamed of competing in the hit TV talent show but was waiting until he turned 16, when he would be eligible to try out.
But his reality TV plans were pushed aside after his performances on YouTube.com were discovered by Island Records executives, who rushed to add him to their roster. When asked if he would have competed on Idol, Bieber tells MTV.com, "For sure! You know, we used to watch (Idol). Me and my mom used to watch it when I was little and we were like, 'I could get on there, you know'."
"When I turned 16, I might have went and tried out, but this (YouTube) was faster."
More Justin Bieber News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri