Brooke Shields Talks About Pre-Teen Nude Photo
Brooke Shields is pleased the photographer who snapped a nude photo of her as a child failed to profit from the image, calling his financial struggles "justice". The "Blue Lagoon" star posed naked for snapper Garry Gross as a pre-teen, and she alleges he tried to make money by selling the controversial image when she turned 16.
Shields subsequently attempted to stop Gross from using the picture, but a court ruled the shot didn't breach child pornography laws. Artist Richard Prince later made one of Gross' images famous by taking a photo of the original and featuring it in his own work.
And Shields, now 44, insists she's pleased Gross never profited from the controversial picture. She tells Easy Living magazine, "Everything that happened that felt sordid [about the shoot] happened after the fact. My kids walk around naked all the time, and I was nine - I wasn't uncomfortable doing it. When I was 16, I wouldn't have done it. That guy [Gross] waited until I was 16 before he decided to publish it - he tried to take this famous person and sell her out."
"My favorite part about the whole story is that Richard Prince photographed that picture and made millions of dollars, and the guy that tried to screw me to begin with is a dog walker, and has no money. That's justice in a really weird way. One day I'll have to explain it to my kids, but I'll figure it out."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group