Sarah Silverman Won't Do Fat Women Jokes
Comedienne Sarah Silverman has vowed never to joke about fat women - because she thinks they receive enough criticism. The star uses her shows to poke fun at people - but overweight ladies are off-limits to the funnywoman.
She tells Larry King, "I guess if there is anything I wouldn't talk about... fat jokes about women. That always bums me out because I feel like we live in a country where fat women - at least in white America - don't deserve love. And I don't think that's true for men. You see every sitcom star is like a fat guy with some gorgeous wife."
"But we live in a country that really feels that way. And that just makes me sad to make a joke of it or to make light of it. It tends to be more mean-spirited."
More Sarah Silverman News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media