Michael C. Hall Wears $10,000 Wig on Movie Set to Hide Hairloss
"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is wearing a hi-tech $10,000 wig on the set of his new movie to hide his hairloss from cancer treatment. Hall shocked fans when he appeared at the Golden Globe Awards in January sporting a hat to hide his bald head, just days after revealing he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
The actor underwent his last chemotherapy session in March and has since returned to work on new movie East Fifth Bliss. But his famous red hair didn't grow back in time, forcing filmmakers to turn to technology to recapture his trademark look.
A source tells WENN, "The wig is made entirely of human hair strands that have been sewn separately into the wig base. The whole thing is the best that money can buy and cost around $10,000, so producers have assigned specific crew members to look after the wig and keep it groomed between shots."
Hall, who is married to his "Dexter" co-star Jennifer Carpenter, is scheduled to start shooting season five of the serial killer drama series later this year.
More Michael C. Hall News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media