Michael C. Hall Wears $10,000 Wig on Movie Set to Hide Hairloss
"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is wearing a hi-tech $10,000 wig on the set of his new movie to hide his hairloss from cancer treatment. Hall shocked fans when he appeared at the Golden Globe Awards in January sporting a hat to hide his bald head, just days after revealing he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
The actor underwent his last chemotherapy session in March and has since returned to work on new movie East Fifth Bliss. But his famous red hair didn't grow back in time, forcing filmmakers to turn to technology to recapture his trademark look.
A source tells WENN, "The wig is made entirely of human hair strands that have been sewn separately into the wig base. The whole thing is the best that money can buy and cost around $10,000, so producers have assigned specific crew members to look after the wig and keep it groomed between shots."
Hall, who is married to his "Dexter" co-star Jennifer Carpenter, is scheduled to start shooting season five of the serial killer drama series later this year.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week