Michael C. Hall Wears $10,000 Wig on Movie Set to Hide Hairloss
"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is wearing a hi-tech $10,000 wig on the set of his new movie to hide his hairloss from cancer treatment. Hall shocked fans when he appeared at the Golden Globe Awards in January sporting a hat to hide his bald head, just days after revealing he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
The actor underwent his last chemotherapy session in March and has since returned to work on new movie East Fifth Bliss. But his famous red hair didn't grow back in time, forcing filmmakers to turn to technology to recapture his trademark look.
A source tells WENN, "The wig is made entirely of human hair strands that have been sewn separately into the wig base. The whole thing is the best that money can buy and cost around $10,000, so producers have assigned specific crew members to look after the wig and keep it groomed between shots."
Hall, who is married to his "Dexter" co-star Jennifer Carpenter, is scheduled to start shooting season five of the serial killer drama series later this year.
More Michael C. Hall News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake