Michael C. Hall Wears $10,000 Wig on Movie Set to Hide Hairloss
"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is wearing a hi-tech $10,000 wig on the set of his new movie to hide his hairloss from cancer treatment. Hall shocked fans when he appeared at the Golden Globe Awards in January sporting a hat to hide his bald head, just days after revealing he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
The actor underwent his last chemotherapy session in March and has since returned to work on new movie East Fifth Bliss. But his famous red hair didn't grow back in time, forcing filmmakers to turn to technology to recapture his trademark look.
A source tells WENN, "The wig is made entirely of human hair strands that have been sewn separately into the wig base. The whole thing is the best that money can buy and cost around $10,000, so producers have assigned specific crew members to look after the wig and keep it groomed between shots."
Hall, who is married to his "Dexter" co-star Jennifer Carpenter, is scheduled to start shooting season five of the serial killer drama series later this year.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos