Michael C. Hall Wears $10,000 Wig on Movie Set to Hide Hairloss
"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall is wearing a hi-tech $10,000 wig on the set of his new movie to hide his hairloss from cancer treatment. Hall shocked fans when he appeared at the Golden Globe Awards in January sporting a hat to hide his bald head, just days after revealing he was being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
The actor underwent his last chemotherapy session in March and has since returned to work on new movie East Fifth Bliss. But his famous red hair didn't grow back in time, forcing filmmakers to turn to technology to recapture his trademark look.
A source tells WENN, "The wig is made entirely of human hair strands that have been sewn separately into the wig base. The whole thing is the best that money can buy and cost around $10,000, so producers have assigned specific crew members to look after the wig and keep it groomed between shots."
Hall, who is married to his "Dexter" co-star Jennifer Carpenter, is scheduled to start shooting season five of the serial killer drama series later this year.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik