David Copperfield's Sexual Abuse Case Was Dropped
David Copperfield's rape allegation nightmare is over - the ex-model who accused the illusionist of sexual misconduct has announced she's dropping the case. Lacey Carroll has revealed she's "had enough" of the drama after Copperfield was cleared of any wrongdoing at the beginning of the year.
She claimed Copperfield invited her to his private island in the Bahamas after meeting her at a show in 2007 - and raped her. Her credibility was called into question in January when Carroll was charged with prostitution and federal prosecutors investigating her claims against Copperfield subsequently dropped the case.
Carroll is at the center of a new investigation after she was questioned by Washington state police over allegations she tried to extort $2,000 from a businessman for sex. An official police report suggests she told a businessman she would have intercourse with him for cash after performing oral sex on him in a hotel room in Bellevue, Washington on December 2, 2009.
When he refused to pay, the woman complained to hotel staff she had been "taken advantage of." Carroll is also charged with filing a false police report.
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry