David Copperfield's Sexual Abuse Case Was Dropped
David Copperfield's rape allegation nightmare is over - the ex-model who accused the illusionist of sexual misconduct has announced she's dropping the case. Lacey Carroll has revealed she's "had enough" of the drama after Copperfield was cleared of any wrongdoing at the beginning of the year.
She claimed Copperfield invited her to his private island in the Bahamas after meeting her at a show in 2007 - and raped her. Her credibility was called into question in January when Carroll was charged with prostitution and federal prosecutors investigating her claims against Copperfield subsequently dropped the case.
Carroll is at the center of a new investigation after she was questioned by Washington state police over allegations she tried to extort $2,000 from a businessman for sex. An official police report suggests she told a businessman she would have intercourse with him for cash after performing oral sex on him in a hotel room in Bellevue, Washington on December 2, 2009.
When he refused to pay, the woman complained to hotel staff she had been "taken advantage of." Carroll is also charged with filing a false police report.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'