David Copperfield's Sexual Abuse Case Was Dropped
David Copperfield's rape allegation nightmare is over - the ex-model who accused the illusionist of sexual misconduct has announced she's dropping the case. Lacey Carroll has revealed she's "had enough" of the drama after Copperfield was cleared of any wrongdoing at the beginning of the year.
She claimed Copperfield invited her to his private island in the Bahamas after meeting her at a show in 2007 - and raped her. Her credibility was called into question in January when Carroll was charged with prostitution and federal prosecutors investigating her claims against Copperfield subsequently dropped the case.
Carroll is at the center of a new investigation after she was questioned by Washington state police over allegations she tried to extort $2,000 from a businessman for sex. An official police report suggests she told a businessman she would have intercourse with him for cash after performing oral sex on him in a hotel room in Bellevue, Washington on December 2, 2009.
When he refused to pay, the woman complained to hotel staff she had been "taken advantage of." Carroll is also charged with filing a false police report.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular