Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal Get Two Nominations at Ivor Novello Awards
Lily Allen has been given a boost before her imminent retirement from pop - she's received two songwriting nominations for the 2010 Ivor Novello Awards in Britain. The singer's hit "The Fear" will compete for the Best Song Musically & Lyrically and Most Performed Work prizes at the 55th annual ceremony, which recognizes excellence in British music writing.
Meanwhile her former tourmate, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal, has also scooped a pair of nominations - his track "Bonkers" is up for Best Contemporary Song and his "Tongue N' Cheek" LP is on the Album Award shortlist. Other songs nominated for Ivor Novello Awards, which will be handed out in London next month, include Girls Aloud's "The Promise", La Roux's "In for the Kill" and James Morrison's "Broken Strings".
Allen will bow out of the music industry after performing her last gig with rapper Jay-Z at the Wireless festival in July.
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit
- Alleged Video of Bella Thorne Masturbating Leaks Online