Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal Get Two Nominations at Ivor Novello Awards
Lily Allen has been given a boost before her imminent retirement from pop - she's received two songwriting nominations for the 2010 Ivor Novello Awards in Britain. The singer's hit "The Fear" will compete for the Best Song Musically & Lyrically and Most Performed Work prizes at the 55th annual ceremony, which recognizes excellence in British music writing.
Meanwhile her former tourmate, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal, has also scooped a pair of nominations - his track "Bonkers" is up for Best Contemporary Song and his "Tongue N' Cheek" LP is on the Album Award shortlist. Other songs nominated for Ivor Novello Awards, which will be handed out in London next month, include Girls Aloud's "The Promise", La Roux's "In for the Kill" and James Morrison's "Broken Strings".
Allen will bow out of the music industry after performing her last gig with rapper Jay-Z at the Wireless festival in July.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?