Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal Get Two Nominations at Ivor Novello Awards
Lily Allen has been given a boost before her imminent retirement from pop - she's received two songwriting nominations for the 2010 Ivor Novello Awards in Britain. The singer's hit "The Fear" will compete for the Best Song Musically & Lyrically and Most Performed Work prizes at the 55th annual ceremony, which recognizes excellence in British music writing.
Meanwhile her former tourmate, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal, has also scooped a pair of nominations - his track "Bonkers" is up for Best Contemporary Song and his "Tongue N' Cheek" LP is on the Album Award shortlist. Other songs nominated for Ivor Novello Awards, which will be handed out in London next month, include Girls Aloud's "The Promise", La Roux's "In for the Kill" and James Morrison's "Broken Strings".
Allen will bow out of the music industry after performing her last gig with rapper Jay-Z at the Wireless festival in July.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special