Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal Get Two Nominations at Ivor Novello Awards
Lily Allen has been given a boost before her imminent retirement from pop - she's received two songwriting nominations for the 2010 Ivor Novello Awards in Britain. The singer's hit "The Fear" will compete for the Best Song Musically & Lyrically and Most Performed Work prizes at the 55th annual ceremony, which recognizes excellence in British music writing.
Meanwhile her former tourmate, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal, has also scooped a pair of nominations - his track "Bonkers" is up for Best Contemporary Song and his "Tongue N' Cheek" LP is on the Album Award shortlist. Other songs nominated for Ivor Novello Awards, which will be handed out in London next month, include Girls Aloud's "The Promise", La Roux's "In for the Kill" and James Morrison's "Broken Strings".
Allen will bow out of the music industry after performing her last gig with rapper Jay-Z at the Wireless festival in July.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'