Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal Get Two Nominations at Ivor Novello Awards
Lily Allen has been given a boost before her imminent retirement from pop - she's received two songwriting nominations for the 2010 Ivor Novello Awards in Britain. The singer's hit "The Fear" will compete for the Best Song Musically & Lyrically and Most Performed Work prizes at the 55th annual ceremony, which recognizes excellence in British music writing.
Meanwhile her former tourmate, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal, has also scooped a pair of nominations - his track "Bonkers" is up for Best Contemporary Song and his "Tongue N' Cheek" LP is on the Album Award shortlist. Other songs nominated for Ivor Novello Awards, which will be handed out in London next month, include Girls Aloud's "The Promise", La Roux's "In for the Kill" and James Morrison's "Broken Strings".
Allen will bow out of the music industry after performing her last gig with rapper Jay-Z at the Wireless festival in July.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier