Oprah Winfrey Refuses to Take DNA Test Over Dad Claims
Oprah Winfrey is refusing to take a DNA test after several men emerged claiming to be the media mogul's father. The TV titan was raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by her single mother and never knew her dad.
Her life has come under scrutiny in new tell-all book "Oprah: A Biography", with writer Kitty Kelley alleging to know the real identity of the father of the star. Noah Robinson, 84, a Second World War veteran, came forward earlier this month claiming he is the star's dad - and alleged he had requested a DNA test from Winfrey last year.
The chat show host was left fuming at the claims, telling the audience at The New York Women in Communications Matrix Awards on Monday, April 19, "New daddies are saying, 'Hello daughter, call me, I need a new roof'."
Winfrey is adamant she won't be reaching out to any of them - and is refusing to agree to any requests for a DNA test. She tells the New York Post, "I will not be taking a paternity test, ever. I've never heard of him (Robinson). I know who is claiming to be my real father."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza