Dane Bowers Arrested Over Alleged Club Fight
British singer Dane Bowers was arrested on suspicion of assault following an alleged fight during a night out. The former Another Level star was partying at Mayhem club in Essex, England on Saturday night, April 17 but the evening turned violent when a fight broke out in the early hours, resulting in two 22-year-old men being taken to hospital.
One of the alleged victims, Steve Norris, insists it was Bowers who instigated the altercation and claims the star's pal punched him in the eye, leaving him in need of stitches. Norris tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "Dane's friend came over and got in my friend's face. He got Kalvin in a headlock and Dane came over and got in my face. He pushed me and I pushed him back. We ended up on the floor. Then the other guy punched me in the eye."
Bowers and his unnamed pal were taken away by police to be questioned and were released on bail later on Sunday, April 18. But a representative for Bowers insists the star is innocent and is considering launching his own legal battle against the two men.
The spokesperson says, "Dane and his friend were provoked into a fight. Dane will consider bringing his own action for assault. It looks like a case of the perpetrator claiming assault having started a fight." Cops confirmed two men, aged 30 and 33, were arrested and released on police bail. A police representative says, "They have both been released on bail until May 17."
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'