Dane Bowers Arrested Over Alleged Club Fight
British singer Dane Bowers was arrested on suspicion of assault following an alleged fight during a night out. The former Another Level star was partying at Mayhem club in Essex, England on Saturday night, April 17 but the evening turned violent when a fight broke out in the early hours, resulting in two 22-year-old men being taken to hospital.
One of the alleged victims, Steve Norris, insists it was Bowers who instigated the altercation and claims the star's pal punched him in the eye, leaving him in need of stitches. Norris tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "Dane's friend came over and got in my friend's face. He got Kalvin in a headlock and Dane came over and got in my face. He pushed me and I pushed him back. We ended up on the floor. Then the other guy punched me in the eye."
Bowers and his unnamed pal were taken away by police to be questioned and were released on bail later on Sunday, April 18. But a representative for Bowers insists the star is innocent and is considering launching his own legal battle against the two men.
The spokesperson says, "Dane and his friend were provoked into a fight. Dane will consider bringing his own action for assault. It looks like a case of the perpetrator claiming assault having started a fight." Cops confirmed two men, aged 30 and 33, were arrested and released on police bail. A police representative says, "They have both been released on bail until May 17."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift