Oprah Winfrey Reacts to Unauthorized Biography Written by Kitty Kelley
Oprah Winfrey has slammed a new unauthorized tell-all book written about her life by gossip queen Kitty Kelley - branding it a "so-called biography". The TV titan's life has come under scrutiny following revelations made in the tome by Kelley, including claims Winfrey used drugs and embellished stories about her poverty-stricken background.
Winfrey addressed the scandalous book, titled "Oprah: A Biography", for the first time during The New York Women in Communications Matrix Awards on Monday, April 19, where she handed an award to her best friend Gayle King. The mogul told the crowd that King found the book harder to deal with than she did, especially as several men began claiming to be Winfrey's biological father after Kelley claimed to know his real identity.
But Winfrey is adamant the book will soon be forgotten about. Addressing the audience, the host said, "Last week was a rough week for Gayle when a so-called biography came out. Every day she's getting herself more and more worked up about all of my new daddies that are now showing up. New daddies who are saying, 'Hello daughter, call me, I need a new roof.' Well, this too shall pass."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story