Oprah Winfrey Reacts to Unauthorized Biography Written by Kitty Kelley
Oprah Winfrey has slammed a new unauthorized tell-all book written about her life by gossip queen Kitty Kelley - branding it a "so-called biography". The TV titan's life has come under scrutiny following revelations made in the tome by Kelley, including claims Winfrey used drugs and embellished stories about her poverty-stricken background.
Winfrey addressed the scandalous book, titled "Oprah: A Biography", for the first time during The New York Women in Communications Matrix Awards on Monday, April 19, where she handed an award to her best friend Gayle King. The mogul told the crowd that King found the book harder to deal with than she did, especially as several men began claiming to be Winfrey's biological father after Kelley claimed to know his real identity.
But Winfrey is adamant the book will soon be forgotten about. Addressing the audience, the host said, "Last week was a rough week for Gayle when a so-called biography came out. Every day she's getting herself more and more worked up about all of my new daddies that are now showing up. New daddies who are saying, 'Hello daughter, call me, I need a new roof.' Well, this too shall pass."
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off