Oprah Winfrey Reacts to Unauthorized Biography Written by Kitty Kelley
Oprah Winfrey has slammed a new unauthorized tell-all book written about her life by gossip queen Kitty Kelley - branding it a "so-called biography". The TV titan's life has come under scrutiny following revelations made in the tome by Kelley, including claims Winfrey used drugs and embellished stories about her poverty-stricken background.
Winfrey addressed the scandalous book, titled "Oprah: A Biography", for the first time during The New York Women in Communications Matrix Awards on Monday, April 19, where she handed an award to her best friend Gayle King. The mogul told the crowd that King found the book harder to deal with than she did, especially as several men began claiming to be Winfrey's biological father after Kelley claimed to know his real identity.
But Winfrey is adamant the book will soon be forgotten about. Addressing the audience, the host said, "Last week was a rough week for Gayle when a so-called biography came out. Every day she's getting herself more and more worked up about all of my new daddies that are now showing up. New daddies who are saying, 'Hello daughter, call me, I need a new roof.' Well, this too shall pass."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'