Julianne Hough Could Exit 'Footloose' Too
The movie remake of "Footloose" could be star-less by the end of the month if producers can't settle a scheduling conflict with singer/dancer Julianne Hough. She's set to follow in the footsteps of her one-time co-star Chace Crawford and drop out of the movie, due to "scheduling difficulties".
The remake of the 1984 classic was thrown into jeopardy after Crawford suddenly quit the project earlier this month, due to scheduling conflicts of his own. Crawford signed on to play the part made famous by Kevin Bacon in the film after Zac Efron pulled out last year.
And now country singer Hough admits she may have to pull out of the remake too. She tells UsMagazine.com, "It sucks. His (Crawford) schedule couldn't work because of 'Gossip Girl' and mine almost didn't work because of (TV show) 'Dancing with the Stars', so we're still actually working on mine to see if I can do it."
The "Footloose" remake also lost its director last year when Kenny Ortega pulled out of the production. "Hustle & Flow" and "Black Snake Moan" moviemaker Craig Brewer, who co-wrote the new "Footloose" screenplay, is currently attached to direct.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'