Julianne Hough Could Exit 'Footloose' Too
The movie remake of "Footloose" could be star-less by the end of the month if producers can't settle a scheduling conflict with singer/dancer Julianne Hough. She's set to follow in the footsteps of her one-time co-star Chace Crawford and drop out of the movie, due to "scheduling difficulties".
The remake of the 1984 classic was thrown into jeopardy after Crawford suddenly quit the project earlier this month, due to scheduling conflicts of his own. Crawford signed on to play the part made famous by Kevin Bacon in the film after Zac Efron pulled out last year.
And now country singer Hough admits she may have to pull out of the remake too. She tells UsMagazine.com, "It sucks. His (Crawford) schedule couldn't work because of 'Gossip Girl' and mine almost didn't work because of (TV show) 'Dancing with the Stars', so we're still actually working on mine to see if I can do it."
The "Footloose" remake also lost its director last year when Kenny Ortega pulled out of the production. "Hustle & Flow" and "Black Snake Moan" moviemaker Craig Brewer, who co-wrote the new "Footloose" screenplay, is currently attached to direct.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress