Julianne Hough Could Exit 'Footloose' Too
The movie remake of "Footloose" could be star-less by the end of the month if producers can't settle a scheduling conflict with singer/dancer Julianne Hough. She's set to follow in the footsteps of her one-time co-star Chace Crawford and drop out of the movie, due to "scheduling difficulties".
The remake of the 1984 classic was thrown into jeopardy after Crawford suddenly quit the project earlier this month, due to scheduling conflicts of his own. Crawford signed on to play the part made famous by Kevin Bacon in the film after Zac Efron pulled out last year.
And now country singer Hough admits she may have to pull out of the remake too. She tells UsMagazine.com, "It sucks. His (Crawford) schedule couldn't work because of 'Gossip Girl' and mine almost didn't work because of (TV show) 'Dancing with the Stars', so we're still actually working on mine to see if I can do it."
The "Footloose" remake also lost its director last year when Kenny Ortega pulled out of the production. "Hustle & Flow" and "Black Snake Moan" moviemaker Craig Brewer, who co-wrote the new "Footloose" screenplay, is currently attached to direct.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die