Julianne Hough Could Exit 'Footloose' Too
The movie remake of "Footloose" could be star-less by the end of the month if producers can't settle a scheduling conflict with singer/dancer Julianne Hough. She's set to follow in the footsteps of her one-time co-star Chace Crawford and drop out of the movie, due to "scheduling difficulties".
The remake of the 1984 classic was thrown into jeopardy after Crawford suddenly quit the project earlier this month, due to scheduling conflicts of his own. Crawford signed on to play the part made famous by Kevin Bacon in the film after Zac Efron pulled out last year.
And now country singer Hough admits she may have to pull out of the remake too. She tells UsMagazine.com, "It sucks. His (Crawford) schedule couldn't work because of 'Gossip Girl' and mine almost didn't work because of (TV show) 'Dancing with the Stars', so we're still actually working on mine to see if I can do it."
The "Footloose" remake also lost its director last year when Kenny Ortega pulled out of the production. "Hustle & Flow" and "Black Snake Moan" moviemaker Craig Brewer, who co-wrote the new "Footloose" screenplay, is currently attached to direct.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences