Mika Chartered Cars to Get Out of Paris
Pop star Mika refused to let the volcanic ash storm which has brought much of Europe to a standstill wreck his concert plans in Spain on Sunday, April 18 - he hired a fleet of cars to get him and his band from Paris, France to Barcelona.
The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker had to scrap a show in Lisbon, Portugal when all flights from France were grounded following the Iceland volcano blast on Thursday, April 15, which left a cloud of ash floating in the skies above the continent.
In a tweet to fans, Mika posted, "Volcano freak out. This is bad." He then hired cars to make sure he didn't have to postpone a second show on his European tour.
More than 63,000 flights were canceled as a result of the volcano chaos, keeping over six million people on the ground. The planes are expected to stay grounded until Tuesday, April 20.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video