Mika Chartered Cars to Get Out of Paris
Pop star Mika refused to let the volcanic ash storm which has brought much of Europe to a standstill wreck his concert plans in Spain on Sunday, April 18 - he hired a fleet of cars to get him and his band from Paris, France to Barcelona.
The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker had to scrap a show in Lisbon, Portugal when all flights from France were grounded following the Iceland volcano blast on Thursday, April 15, which left a cloud of ash floating in the skies above the continent.
In a tweet to fans, Mika posted, "Volcano freak out. This is bad." He then hired cars to make sure he didn't have to postpone a second show on his European tour.
More than 63,000 flights were canceled as a result of the volcano chaos, keeping over six million people on the ground. The planes are expected to stay grounded until Tuesday, April 20.
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'