Volcanic Ash Forces Nas and Damian Marley to Cancel Concert
Rapper Nas has had to scrap his upcoming London concert with Damian Marley as a result of the flight chaos caused by the volcanic eruption in Iceland. Air travel across the whole of Europe has been disrupted for days due to the heavy cloud of volcanic ash floating above the continent, which can cause jet engines to fail.
Over 63,000 flights have been canceled, costing airlines $200 million a day and affecting six million passengers worldwide - and Nas and Marley are among those who have been forced to alter their travel plans, according to AllHipHop.com.
The pair was due to perform at London's Electric Ballroom on Wednesday, April 21 in support of their new collaborative album, "Distant Relatives" - but that show has now been shelved because they are unable to fly over from the U.S.
The hip-hop stars aren't the only artists whose international tours have been affected by the eruption - R&B superstar Usher has also had to put plans to tour the U.K. on hold until the European air space opens up. The "Yeah!" hitmaker was expected to fly to Europe to promote his new song "OMG", which hit the top of the U.K. singles chart on Sunday, April 18.
More Nas News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'