Vanessa Williams Supports America Ferrera's Idea for 'Ugly Betty' Movie
"Ugly Betty" actress Vanessa Williams has joined her former co-stars America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz on a crusade to bring the canceled U.S. TV series to the big screen. Williams gave her final performance as fashion boss Wilhelmina Slater in the April 14 series finale, and bid farewell to her castmates of four years.
She says, "We did not want to leave. Our last week, none of us wanted to leave the table. None of us wanted to finish the words we were saying." Ortiz recently admitted she and America Ferrera are "open" to the idea of making an "Ugly Betty" film, and Williams is keen to join the pair's campaign.
She adds, "It was an extraordinary group of people, the ensemble was great, the directors were great - the writers - the whole team. It was unique. Yes, an 'Ugly Betty' movie, absolutely."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences