Vanessa Williams Supports America Ferrera's Idea for 'Ugly Betty' Movie
"Ugly Betty" actress Vanessa Williams has joined her former co-stars America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz on a crusade to bring the canceled U.S. TV series to the big screen. Williams gave her final performance as fashion boss Wilhelmina Slater in the April 14 series finale, and bid farewell to her castmates of four years.
She says, "We did not want to leave. Our last week, none of us wanted to leave the table. None of us wanted to finish the words we were saying." Ortiz recently admitted she and America Ferrera are "open" to the idea of making an "Ugly Betty" film, and Williams is keen to join the pair's campaign.
She adds, "It was an extraordinary group of people, the ensemble was great, the directors were great - the writers - the whole team. It was unique. Yes, an 'Ugly Betty' movie, absolutely."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune