Vanessa Williams Supports America Ferrera's Idea for 'Ugly Betty' Movie
"Ugly Betty" actress Vanessa Williams has joined her former co-stars America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz on a crusade to bring the canceled U.S. TV series to the big screen. Williams gave her final performance as fashion boss Wilhelmina Slater in the April 14 series finale, and bid farewell to her castmates of four years.
She says, "We did not want to leave. Our last week, none of us wanted to leave the table. None of us wanted to finish the words we were saying." Ortiz recently admitted she and America Ferrera are "open" to the idea of making an "Ugly Betty" film, and Williams is keen to join the pair's campaign.
She adds, "It was an extraordinary group of people, the ensemble was great, the directors were great - the writers - the whole team. It was unique. Yes, an 'Ugly Betty' movie, absolutely."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival