Vanessa Williams Supports America Ferrera's Idea for 'Ugly Betty' Movie
"Ugly Betty" actress Vanessa Williams has joined her former co-stars America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz on a crusade to bring the canceled U.S. TV series to the big screen. Williams gave her final performance as fashion boss Wilhelmina Slater in the April 14 series finale, and bid farewell to her castmates of four years.
She says, "We did not want to leave. Our last week, none of us wanted to leave the table. None of us wanted to finish the words we were saying." Ortiz recently admitted she and America Ferrera are "open" to the idea of making an "Ugly Betty" film, and Williams is keen to join the pair's campaign.
She adds, "It was an extraordinary group of people, the ensemble was great, the directors were great - the writers - the whole team. It was unique. Yes, an 'Ugly Betty' movie, absolutely."
More Ugly Betty News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris