Drew Barrymore Praises Ricky Martin for 'Coming Out of the Closet'
Drew Barrymore has praised gay singer Ricky Martin for opening up about his sexuality - insisting his admission will help other celebrities 'come out'. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker ended years of speculation about his love life last month by revealing he's a "proud homosexual".
And the "Charlie's Angels" actress has applauded Martin for his honesty, as she believes his story will help other gay stars feel accepted. She tells Access Hollywood, "My lofty goal in this world is that we can live in a world that doesn't judge each other, I just want people to be able to live their lives that are true to them. I celebrate what (Ricky) is doing because we have to create a world for each other where acceptance is first and foremost."
And Barrymore is not the only celebrity to back Martin - openly gay singer Adam Lambert has also voiced his support for the Latino star. He says, "It's great to see people like (Ricky) feeling liberated to come out and come forward, and hopefully it will open the door wide open for more and more people to be comfortable with who they are."
Actress Sofia Vergara adds, "It shouldn't be an issue any more, but it's hard to change things. He's fantastic."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour