Drew Barrymore Praises Ricky Martin for 'Coming Out of the Closet'
Drew Barrymore has praised gay singer Ricky Martin for opening up about his sexuality - insisting his admission will help other celebrities 'come out'. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker ended years of speculation about his love life last month by revealing he's a "proud homosexual".
And the "Charlie's Angels" actress has applauded Martin for his honesty, as she believes his story will help other gay stars feel accepted. She tells Access Hollywood, "My lofty goal in this world is that we can live in a world that doesn't judge each other, I just want people to be able to live their lives that are true to them. I celebrate what (Ricky) is doing because we have to create a world for each other where acceptance is first and foremost."
And Barrymore is not the only celebrity to back Martin - openly gay singer Adam Lambert has also voiced his support for the Latino star. He says, "It's great to see people like (Ricky) feeling liberated to come out and come forward, and hopefully it will open the door wide open for more and more people to be comfortable with who they are."
Actress Sofia Vergara adds, "It shouldn't be an issue any more, but it's hard to change things. He's fantastic."
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'