Drew Barrymore Praises Ricky Martin for 'Coming Out of the Closet'
Drew Barrymore has praised gay singer Ricky Martin for opening up about his sexuality - insisting his admission will help other celebrities 'come out'. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker ended years of speculation about his love life last month by revealing he's a "proud homosexual".
And the "Charlie's Angels" actress has applauded Martin for his honesty, as she believes his story will help other gay stars feel accepted. She tells Access Hollywood, "My lofty goal in this world is that we can live in a world that doesn't judge each other, I just want people to be able to live their lives that are true to them. I celebrate what (Ricky) is doing because we have to create a world for each other where acceptance is first and foremost."
And Barrymore is not the only celebrity to back Martin - openly gay singer Adam Lambert has also voiced his support for the Latino star. He says, "It's great to see people like (Ricky) feeling liberated to come out and come forward, and hopefully it will open the door wide open for more and more people to be comfortable with who they are."
Actress Sofia Vergara adds, "It shouldn't be an issue any more, but it's hard to change things. He's fantastic."
More Drew Barrymore News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular