Drew Barrymore Praises Ricky Martin for 'Coming Out of the Closet'
Drew Barrymore has praised gay singer Ricky Martin for opening up about his sexuality - insisting his admission will help other celebrities 'come out'. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker ended years of speculation about his love life last month by revealing he's a "proud homosexual".
And the "Charlie's Angels" actress has applauded Martin for his honesty, as she believes his story will help other gay stars feel accepted. She tells Access Hollywood, "My lofty goal in this world is that we can live in a world that doesn't judge each other, I just want people to be able to live their lives that are true to them. I celebrate what (Ricky) is doing because we have to create a world for each other where acceptance is first and foremost."
And Barrymore is not the only celebrity to back Martin - openly gay singer Adam Lambert has also voiced his support for the Latino star. He says, "It's great to see people like (Ricky) feeling liberated to come out and come forward, and hopefully it will open the door wide open for more and more people to be comfortable with who they are."
Actress Sofia Vergara adds, "It shouldn't be an issue any more, but it's hard to change things. He's fantastic."
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown