Malik Yoba Brings Back 'New York Undercover'
Actor Malik Yoba has set out to reprise his detective role in U.S. crime series "New York Undercover" in a modern remake of the 1990s show. The "Why Did I Get Married Too?" star's career kicked off with his co-starring role as Detective J.C. Williams on the hit police drama, which ran from 1994 to 1998.
And he's partnered with "Law & Order" writer Courtney Parker to bring the series back to the small screen. He says, "The show has been in syndication since '98. A few weeks ago, a writer named Courtney Parker... sent me a pilot script that she wrote. I can't give up too much information but what she wrote was incredible."
But before Yoba pitches the idea to network executives, he wants to make sure he still has loyal fans. He adds, "I started asking folks around the country to email me. We haven't pitched (the show yet). We're getting the temperature of people."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna