Malik Yoba Brings Back 'New York Undercover'
Actor Malik Yoba has set out to reprise his detective role in U.S. crime series "New York Undercover" in a modern remake of the 1990s show. The "Why Did I Get Married Too?" star's career kicked off with his co-starring role as Detective J.C. Williams on the hit police drama, which ran from 1994 to 1998.
And he's partnered with "Law & Order" writer Courtney Parker to bring the series back to the small screen. He says, "The show has been in syndication since '98. A few weeks ago, a writer named Courtney Parker... sent me a pilot script that she wrote. I can't give up too much information but what she wrote was incredible."
But before Yoba pitches the idea to network executives, he wants to make sure he still has loyal fans. He adds, "I started asking folks around the country to email me. We haven't pitched (the show yet). We're getting the temperature of people."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick