Malik Yoba Brings Back 'New York Undercover'
Actor Malik Yoba has set out to reprise his detective role in U.S. crime series "New York Undercover" in a modern remake of the 1990s show. The "Why Did I Get Married Too?" star's career kicked off with his co-starring role as Detective J.C. Williams on the hit police drama, which ran from 1994 to 1998.
And he's partnered with "Law & Order" writer Courtney Parker to bring the series back to the small screen. He says, "The show has been in syndication since '98. A few weeks ago, a writer named Courtney Parker... sent me a pilot script that she wrote. I can't give up too much information but what she wrote was incredible."
But before Yoba pitches the idea to network executives, he wants to make sure he still has loyal fans. He adds, "I started asking folks around the country to email me. We haven't pitched (the show yet). We're getting the temperature of people."
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher