Malik Yoba Brings Back 'New York Undercover'
Actor Malik Yoba has set out to reprise his detective role in U.S. crime series "New York Undercover" in a modern remake of the 1990s show. The "Why Did I Get Married Too?" star's career kicked off with his co-starring role as Detective J.C. Williams on the hit police drama, which ran from 1994 to 1998.
And he's partnered with "Law & Order" writer Courtney Parker to bring the series back to the small screen. He says, "The show has been in syndication since '98. A few weeks ago, a writer named Courtney Parker... sent me a pilot script that she wrote. I can't give up too much information but what she wrote was incredible."
But before Yoba pitches the idea to network executives, he wants to make sure he still has loyal fans. He adds, "I started asking folks around the country to email me. We haven't pitched (the show yet). We're getting the temperature of people."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie