Elton John 'Not Too Old' to Be Dad
Sir Elton John put off the idea of becoming a father for years because he feared he was too old to look after a baby. The "Rocket Man", 63, and his partner David Furnish decided to start a family and adopt last year - but they were left devastated when their attempts to become parents to a Ukrainian boy named Lev was rejected on the grounds of their sexuality.
The couple is still keen to adopt, but John admits he had shunned the thought of being a dad until they actually began the whole adoption process. He says, "I'd said until that point, 'No, I'm too old (to adopt).' Then I thought, 'You know what Elton, you're not too old. You're still very young at heart. You've done everything you possibly can in your career, the only thing you haven't done is be a good parent'."
The pop superstar refuses to let the adoption setback throw their plans for a family off-course - and he's adamant his life with Furnish would be complete with a child. He adds, "I think that life's all about learning; trying to learn a little bit more, change a little bit more, and I think a child would be the icing on the cake."
More Elton John News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier