Elton John 'Not Too Old' to Be Dad
Sir Elton John put off the idea of becoming a father for years because he feared he was too old to look after a baby. The "Rocket Man", 63, and his partner David Furnish decided to start a family and adopt last year - but they were left devastated when their attempts to become parents to a Ukrainian boy named Lev was rejected on the grounds of their sexuality.
The couple is still keen to adopt, but John admits he had shunned the thought of being a dad until they actually began the whole adoption process. He says, "I'd said until that point, 'No, I'm too old (to adopt).' Then I thought, 'You know what Elton, you're not too old. You're still very young at heart. You've done everything you possibly can in your career, the only thing you haven't done is be a good parent'."
The pop superstar refuses to let the adoption setback throw their plans for a family off-course - and he's adamant his life with Furnish would be complete with a child. He adds, "I think that life's all about learning; trying to learn a little bit more, change a little bit more, and I think a child would be the icing on the cake."
More Elton John News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked