Elton John 'Not Too Old' to Be Dad
Sir Elton John put off the idea of becoming a father for years because he feared he was too old to look after a baby. The "Rocket Man", 63, and his partner David Furnish decided to start a family and adopt last year - but they were left devastated when their attempts to become parents to a Ukrainian boy named Lev was rejected on the grounds of their sexuality.
The couple is still keen to adopt, but John admits he had shunned the thought of being a dad until they actually began the whole adoption process. He says, "I'd said until that point, 'No, I'm too old (to adopt).' Then I thought, 'You know what Elton, you're not too old. You're still very young at heart. You've done everything you possibly can in your career, the only thing you haven't done is be a good parent'."
The pop superstar refuses to let the adoption setback throw their plans for a family off-course - and he's adamant his life with Furnish would be complete with a child. He adds, "I think that life's all about learning; trying to learn a little bit more, change a little bit more, and I think a child would be the icing on the cake."
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'