Larry King and Shawn Southwick Attend Marriage Counseling
Revered U.S. newsman Larry King has agreed to attend counseling sessions with his estranged wife Shawn Southwick in a bid to salvage their 13-year marriage. The 76-year-old TV anchorman began divorce proceedings with his country singer wife on Wednesday, April 14, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Southwick also filed papers the same day, giving the same reason for ending their union, despite her sister, Shannon Engemann, claiming their marriage began to crumble after the singer falsely accused King of having an affair with her sibling.
The couple appeared to have patched up its differences on Thursday, April 15 when the stars attended their son's baseball match in Beverly Hills, California together, hugging and chatting throughout the game. Now TMZ.com reports King and Southwick, the newsman's seventh wife, are keen to rebuild their union and have arranged to meet with a marriage counselor on Monday, April 19.
The couple has two sons together, 11-year-old Chance and nine-year-old Cannon. In his divorce petition, King is seeking joint custody of the kids, while his wife is asking for primary physical custody of the children, as well as spousal and child support.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date