Larry King and Shawn Southwick Attend Marriage Counseling
Revered U.S. newsman Larry King has agreed to attend counseling sessions with his estranged wife Shawn Southwick in a bid to salvage their 13-year marriage. The 76-year-old TV anchorman began divorce proceedings with his country singer wife on Wednesday, April 14, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Southwick also filed papers the same day, giving the same reason for ending their union, despite her sister, Shannon Engemann, claiming their marriage began to crumble after the singer falsely accused King of having an affair with her sibling.
The couple appeared to have patched up its differences on Thursday, April 15 when the stars attended their son's baseball match in Beverly Hills, California together, hugging and chatting throughout the game. Now TMZ.com reports King and Southwick, the newsman's seventh wife, are keen to rebuild their union and have arranged to meet with a marriage counselor on Monday, April 19.
The couple has two sons together, 11-year-old Chance and nine-year-old Cannon. In his divorce petition, King is seeking joint custody of the kids, while his wife is asking for primary physical custody of the children, as well as spousal and child support.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why