Larry King and Shawn Southwick Attend Marriage Counseling
Revered U.S. newsman Larry King has agreed to attend counseling sessions with his estranged wife Shawn Southwick in a bid to salvage their 13-year marriage. The 76-year-old TV anchorman began divorce proceedings with his country singer wife on Wednesday, April 14, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Southwick also filed papers the same day, giving the same reason for ending their union, despite her sister, Shannon Engemann, claiming their marriage began to crumble after the singer falsely accused King of having an affair with her sibling.
The couple appeared to have patched up its differences on Thursday, April 15 when the stars attended their son's baseball match in Beverly Hills, California together, hugging and chatting throughout the game. Now TMZ.com reports King and Southwick, the newsman's seventh wife, are keen to rebuild their union and have arranged to meet with a marriage counselor on Monday, April 19.
The couple has two sons together, 11-year-old Chance and nine-year-old Cannon. In his divorce petition, King is seeking joint custody of the kids, while his wife is asking for primary physical custody of the children, as well as spousal and child support.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie