Melissa Auf der Maur Cancels Concert Due to Volcanic Ash
Rocker Melissa Auf der Maur has been forced to scrap her weekend concert in London - because the volcanic dust cloud over Europe has grounded flights across the continent.
Almost all air services in Europe have been canceled because of volcanic ash floating in the skies above following the eruption of Iceland's Mount Eyjafjallajokull on Wednesday, April 14. As a result, Auf Der Maur has been left stranded in Helsinki, Finland and she is now looking to reschedule Saturday's London gig.
The former Hole rocker is not the only artist whose tour plans have been thrown into disarray due to the volcanic ash - pop star Mika has had to cancel his show in Lisbon, Portugal on Friday, April 16, while British rockers The Cribs, Los Campesinos! and Frightened Rabbit have also had to pull out of California's Coachella music festival this weekend.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle