Melissa Auf der Maur Cancels Concert Due to Volcanic Ash
Rocker Melissa Auf der Maur has been forced to scrap her weekend concert in London - because the volcanic dust cloud over Europe has grounded flights across the continent.
Almost all air services in Europe have been canceled because of volcanic ash floating in the skies above following the eruption of Iceland's Mount Eyjafjallajokull on Wednesday, April 14. As a result, Auf Der Maur has been left stranded in Helsinki, Finland and she is now looking to reschedule Saturday's London gig.
The former Hole rocker is not the only artist whose tour plans have been thrown into disarray due to the volcanic ash - pop star Mika has had to cancel his show in Lisbon, Portugal on Friday, April 16, while British rockers The Cribs, Los Campesinos! and Frightened Rabbit have also had to pull out of California's Coachella music festival this weekend.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years