Melissa Auf der Maur Cancels Concert Due to Volcanic Ash
Rocker Melissa Auf der Maur has been forced to scrap her weekend concert in London - because the volcanic dust cloud over Europe has grounded flights across the continent.
Almost all air services in Europe have been canceled because of volcanic ash floating in the skies above following the eruption of Iceland's Mount Eyjafjallajokull on Wednesday, April 14. As a result, Auf Der Maur has been left stranded in Helsinki, Finland and she is now looking to reschedule Saturday's London gig.
The former Hole rocker is not the only artist whose tour plans have been thrown into disarray due to the volcanic ash - pop star Mika has had to cancel his show in Lisbon, Portugal on Friday, April 16, while British rockers The Cribs, Los Campesinos! and Frightened Rabbit have also had to pull out of California's Coachella music festival this weekend.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding