Paula Abdul NOT Coming Back to 'American Idol'
"American Idol" producers have shot down reports Paula Abdul will return to judge the U.S. TV singing competition - less than a year after she left the series. Last August, Abdul announced long-running negotiations had fallen through and she had quit the show after eight seasons.
She has since been replaced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres. Recent reports suggested Abdul would rejoin the judging panel to replace Simon Cowell, who will quit the show next month to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to the U.S.
However, "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz denies reports Fox network executives are wooing Abdul back. Frot-Coutaz tells the New York Daily News, "There's no truth to that rumor."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital