Paula Abdul NOT Coming Back to 'American Idol'
"American Idol" producers have shot down reports Paula Abdul will return to judge the U.S. TV singing competition - less than a year after she left the series. Last August, Abdul announced long-running negotiations had fallen through and she had quit the show after eight seasons.
She has since been replaced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres. Recent reports suggested Abdul would rejoin the judging panel to replace Simon Cowell, who will quit the show next month to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to the U.S.
However, "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz denies reports Fox network executives are wooing Abdul back. Frot-Coutaz tells the New York Daily News, "There's no truth to that rumor."
More American Idol News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival