Paula Abdul NOT Coming Back to 'American Idol'
"American Idol" producers have shot down reports Paula Abdul will return to judge the U.S. TV singing competition - less than a year after she left the series. Last August, Abdul announced long-running negotiations had fallen through and she had quit the show after eight seasons.
She has since been replaced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres. Recent reports suggested Abdul would rejoin the judging panel to replace Simon Cowell, who will quit the show next month to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to the U.S.
However, "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz denies reports Fox network executives are wooing Abdul back. Frot-Coutaz tells the New York Daily News, "There's no truth to that rumor."
More American Idol News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris