Paula Abdul NOT Coming Back to 'American Idol'
"American Idol" producers have shot down reports Paula Abdul will return to judge the U.S. TV singing competition - less than a year after she left the series. Last August, Abdul announced long-running negotiations had fallen through and she had quit the show after eight seasons.
She has since been replaced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres. Recent reports suggested Abdul would rejoin the judging panel to replace Simon Cowell, who will quit the show next month to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to the U.S.
However, "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz denies reports Fox network executives are wooing Abdul back. Frot-Coutaz tells the New York Daily News, "There's no truth to that rumor."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child