Paula Abdul NOT Coming Back to 'American Idol'
"American Idol" producers have shot down reports Paula Abdul will return to judge the U.S. TV singing competition - less than a year after she left the series. Last August, Abdul announced long-running negotiations had fallen through and she had quit the show after eight seasons.
She has since been replaced by comedienne Ellen DeGeneres. Recent reports suggested Abdul would rejoin the judging panel to replace Simon Cowell, who will quit the show next month to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to the U.S.
However, "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz denies reports Fox network executives are wooing Abdul back. Frot-Coutaz tells the New York Daily News, "There's no truth to that rumor."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video