Gemma Arterton Takes Hiatus From Acting to Prepare Her Wedding
British actress Gemma Arterton is taking a break from acting in 2010 so she can marry her stuntman boyfriend. The 24 year old has been engaged to an Italian movie worker, known only as Stefano, since he proposed last summer, and she admits they are planning to exchange vows later this year.
And Arterton has been turning down work so she can have can have "a few months off" to plan the wedding and eventually walk down the aisle with her partner, who she reportedly met on the set of James Bond film "Quantum of Solace".
She says, "I don't know what I'm going to do next. I've got a few months off - I'm getting married - but now I'm being more selective with what I'm going to do." In an interview with Britain's Instyle magazine, she adds, "I always thought I was going to end up an old spinster, with my cats and my fur coats. It just takes you by surprise."
"It was absolutely instant. I remember going home the night after I met him and writing in my diary, 'I've met the man I'm going to marry'. I gave that diary entry to him for his birthday two weeks later. But it didn't freak him out, because he was thinking the same thing. I just really want to spend the rest of my life with him. He's an amazing man."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny