Gemma Arterton Takes Hiatus From Acting to Prepare Her Wedding
British actress Gemma Arterton is taking a break from acting in 2010 so she can marry her stuntman boyfriend. The 24 year old has been engaged to an Italian movie worker, known only as Stefano, since he proposed last summer, and she admits they are planning to exchange vows later this year.
And Arterton has been turning down work so she can have can have "a few months off" to plan the wedding and eventually walk down the aisle with her partner, who she reportedly met on the set of James Bond film "Quantum of Solace".
She says, "I don't know what I'm going to do next. I've got a few months off - I'm getting married - but now I'm being more selective with what I'm going to do." In an interview with Britain's Instyle magazine, she adds, "I always thought I was going to end up an old spinster, with my cats and my fur coats. It just takes you by surprise."
"It was absolutely instant. I remember going home the night after I met him and writing in my diary, 'I've met the man I'm going to marry'. I gave that diary entry to him for his birthday two weeks later. But it didn't freak him out, because he was thinking the same thing. I just really want to spend the rest of my life with him. He's an amazing man."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'