Gemma Arterton Takes Hiatus From Acting to Prepare Her Wedding
British actress Gemma Arterton is taking a break from acting in 2010 so she can marry her stuntman boyfriend. The 24 year old has been engaged to an Italian movie worker, known only as Stefano, since he proposed last summer, and she admits they are planning to exchange vows later this year.
And Arterton has been turning down work so she can have can have "a few months off" to plan the wedding and eventually walk down the aisle with her partner, who she reportedly met on the set of James Bond film "Quantum of Solace".
She says, "I don't know what I'm going to do next. I've got a few months off - I'm getting married - but now I'm being more selective with what I'm going to do." In an interview with Britain's Instyle magazine, she adds, "I always thought I was going to end up an old spinster, with my cats and my fur coats. It just takes you by surprise."
"It was absolutely instant. I remember going home the night after I met him and writing in my diary, 'I've met the man I'm going to marry'. I gave that diary entry to him for his birthday two weeks later. But it didn't freak him out, because he was thinking the same thing. I just really want to spend the rest of my life with him. He's an amazing man."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit