Arrested: Danny Glover While Defending Workers
"Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover has been charged with trespassing after taking part in a noisy protest against a U.S. food giant in Maryland. The actor was among a group of 12 people who were arrested by local armed police following a rally regarding unfair business practices outside the Sodexo Headquarters in Gaithersburg on Friday, April 16.
Protesters claim workers in the Sodexo cafeteria were being paid low wages and had had their civil rights violated. Glover and his fellow campaigners were subsequently released after receiving citations and the actor remains upbeat about putting an end to the alleged rights violations.
Upon his release, the star told reporters, "We're moving to make some real positive changes."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour