Arrested: Danny Glover While Defending Workers
"Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover has been charged with trespassing after taking part in a noisy protest against a U.S. food giant in Maryland. The actor was among a group of 12 people who were arrested by local armed police following a rally regarding unfair business practices outside the Sodexo Headquarters in Gaithersburg on Friday, April 16.
Protesters claim workers in the Sodexo cafeteria were being paid low wages and had had their civil rights violated. Glover and his fellow campaigners were subsequently released after receiving citations and the actor remains upbeat about putting an end to the alleged rights violations.
Upon his release, the star told reporters, "We're moving to make some real positive changes."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture