Hilary Duff Would Love to Be Judge of 'X Factor'
Hilary Duff is refusing to deny reports she has been offered a judging role on Simon Cowell's "The X Factor", but insists she'd love to team up with the music mogul when he launches the U.S. reality show. Cowell is quitting American Idol next month so he can concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show to the U.S. - and pop star/actress Duff has been among the names mentioned as possible panelists.
In a taped interview, which will air on Friday, April 16's Ellen DeGeneres show, the "So Yesterday" singer admits she's heard the rumors about her taking on a judging role and reveals she up for the challenge. Duff says, "I would totally do it."
Her only reservation would be having to tell untalented people to quit chasing their dreams: "It's got to be hard to judge people to their face." Duff used her appearance on DeGeneres' show to ask the TV personality and "American Idol" judge for her help: "You know Simon, so maybe you could, like, put in a good word."
More Hilary Duff News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'