Kim Cattrall Too Pretty as Prostitute
Actress Kim Cattrall almost missed out on playing a washed-up prostitute in new movie "Meet Monica Velour" - because she looked too good. Director Keith Bearden told the "Sex and the City" star she'd have to put on weight and ditch the glamor to land the lead in his indie movie, which premieres at the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival in New York.
He says, "My big concern was, 'She's way too good looking!' I was like, 'You need to gain weight, and the goal is to blow people's image of you into tiny little pieces. I'm going to make you look bad at every turn.'"
Starring also Dustin Ingram, the indie movie is about a young man who travels cross-country to meet his dream woman, a 1980s cinema siren who is now a 50-year-old single mother in the middle of a child custody battle.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season