Kim Cattrall Too Pretty as Prostitute
Actress Kim Cattrall almost missed out on playing a washed-up prostitute in new movie "Meet Monica Velour" - because she looked too good. Director Keith Bearden told the "Sex and the City" star she'd have to put on weight and ditch the glamor to land the lead in his indie movie, which premieres at the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival in New York.
He says, "My big concern was, 'She's way too good looking!' I was like, 'You need to gain weight, and the goal is to blow people's image of you into tiny little pieces. I'm going to make you look bad at every turn.'"
Starring also Dustin Ingram, the indie movie is about a young man who travels cross-country to meet his dream woman, a 1980s cinema siren who is now a 50-year-old single mother in the middle of a child custody battle.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'