Kim Cattrall Too Pretty as Prostitute
Actress Kim Cattrall almost missed out on playing a washed-up prostitute in new movie "Meet Monica Velour" - because she looked too good. Director Keith Bearden told the "Sex and the City" star she'd have to put on weight and ditch the glamor to land the lead in his indie movie, which premieres at the upcoming Tribeca Film Festival in New York.
He says, "My big concern was, 'She's way too good looking!' I was like, 'You need to gain weight, and the goal is to blow people's image of you into tiny little pieces. I'm going to make you look bad at every turn.'"
Starring also Dustin Ingram, the indie movie is about a young man who travels cross-country to meet his dream woman, a 1980s cinema siren who is now a 50-year-old single mother in the middle of a child custody battle.
More Kim Cattrall News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra