Ryan Phillippe Still 'Sad' About Divorce From Reese Witherspoon
Ryan Phillippe still struggles to come to terms with his divorce from Reese Witherspoon, four years after they split. The "Crash" actor parted ways with Witherspoon in 2006 after seven years of marriage.
But Phillippe, who recently split from Aussie actress Abbie Cornish, admits he's never fully gotten over the break-up. He tells Men's Health magazine, "I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce." Phillippe compares the sad split to suffering a trauma but insists he will use the lessons he's learned to his advantage if he ever weds again.
He adds, "How beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings? If someone lives through an accident, his aim is to become better and healthy. My aim is always to progress - to make better decisions and be a better father, a better boyfriend, a better husband if it happens again."
More Ryan Phillippe News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'