David Thewlis Speaks About Anna Friel's Affair Rumor
"Harry Potter" star David Thewlis has spoken out to silence rumors his partner Anna Friel is romancing Joseph Cross, insisting there is "no scandal" because the young actor is a "good friend" to him. The couple's longterm relationship was rocked by allegations of an affair after Friel was photographed embracing Cross, her co-star in a London stage production of Breakfast at Tiffany's, in December.
Friel subsequently denied the claims, but the gossip flared up again earlier this month when it was revealed Cross has been living at the couple's home in Los Angeles. But Thewlis is adamant his relationship with the former Pushing Daisies star is not in trouble.
He says, "Joseph is a good friend of mine, I have no problem with him staying at my house. There's no scandal here. Things with Anna and I are good."
Thewlis and Friel are parents to a four-year-old daughter, Gracie.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video